minor acne - what do you use?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Winchester

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: jessicak
Use the Clearisil stuff with 10% benzoyl peroxide. Works wonders.

I use this stuff as well. I was skeptical at first, but I bought it and within a week my face was 10x clearer than before.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Oxy Maximum strength treatment cream. Once at lunch, and another layer before I head to bed. To much of it could cause the skin to dry up, then days later the skin oils over and your stuck back to square 1.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
day
night

try to find something with 10% benzoyl peroxide in it. during cold, dry months you should consider applying moisturizer to your face otherwise the overdrying may spur overproduction of oils to compensate.

and avoid touching your face.

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000
Originally posted by: DPlatypus
Oral antibiotics work the best and are well tolerated. You just pop a couple pills a day and you won't need to put that crap on your face. Your doctor should be willing to write you a prescription for minocycline. It's harmless.

i'm on that camp. they're pretty cheap too. plus if you up the dosage it can help treat chlamydia, which you might catch once your acne is gone.

lancestorm

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2003
The first and only time I've ordered off of a tv infomercial is what I use: Proactiv. Stuff works GREAT.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
differin worked for me but I'm not certain how much it costs. and just so you know... washing your face tends to help. I also wash my pillow once a week, but that's probably more of an obsession than anything else.