Minnesota GOP Chairwoman (of asian descent) is complaining about racism and sexism directed to her

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
... by fellow republicans. How is this a shock to her?

https://apnews.com/3423264f174542b6...on&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

Carnahan_screengrab.PNG

Democrats blame Trump for unleashing a new era of racial division. Carnahan, whose term ends next year, rejects that idea.

“I told (Trump) I want to run again to be chair because I want to deliver the state to you in 2020,” Carnahan said. “If I thought he was a racist or that anything he did was stoking racial divisions, I wouldn’t want to work on his behalf because I’ve had to deal with racism my entire life.”

I guess she wants to keep her career while sacrificing her own self dignity. SAD!

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I'm having a difficult time with a response to this story based on life in New York and experiences with different cultures, politics and racism .
I cannot comment unless I have a couple of drinks first.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I'm having a difficult time with a response to this story based on life in New York and experiences with different cultures, politics and racism .
I cannot comment unless I have a couple of drinks first.

Well, there's far less racism in NYC (though still manifests itself now and then), but NYC folks are rude as fuck :D

There more rural parts of new york state might as well be the confederacy though.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Well, there's far less racism in NYC (though still manifests itself now and then), but NYC folks are rude as fuck :D

There more rural parts of new york state might as well be the confederacy though.

NYC is FILLED with racists. I can spend an entire day listening to people trash talk other races and cultures.
NYC culture forces folks to tolerate what they trash in private and encourages people to face their own personal BS.

It's not that folks are rude. They simply have someplace to be.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Why doesn't this surprise me? People vote against their best interests all the time in GOP so she is pretty much living proof of being a masochist.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
NYC is FILLED with racists. I can spend an entire day listening to people trash talk other races and cultures.
NYC culture forces folks to tolerate what they trash in private and encourages people to face their own personal BS.

It's not that folks are rude. They simply have someplace to be.

I hang around the NYC area maybe you should stop intentionally hanging around shitheads?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
"The people in my party are a bunch of dickheads but I'll do my best to deliver the dickhead vote for the dickhead in chief."

Racism and sexism are unacceptable, even when leveled against stupid people. And if you continue working of behalf of folks who are making racist and sexist comments against you, yeah, you're stupid.

Reactions: dank69

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I hang around the NYC area maybe you should stop intentionally hanging around shitheads?

That would require me to stop taking trains and to find another office to work in.
If I want to intentionally get to work on time then I'm kinda stuck with the shitheads.

You do bring up a good point.
I do have a lot of shitheads around me.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I guess she's not hard core enough for the "Real Americans" in the party. Looks like she needs to get a sex change, dye her hair blond, get a skin bleach job like MJ did, wear blue tinted contact lenses, join the KKK or Nazi Party and prematurely age herself to the young old age of 75+ and then she he will fit right in.