mini dp cables

blanketyblank

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
I just purchased a 7950 coming from a 5770, but am having trouble finding some way to hook up my display port monitor. All the mini dp to dp cables I've looked at around $20 or below seem to have user reviews that indicate they cause flickering/sleep problems. I already have a pretty good normal dp to dp cable, but can't find an adapter at a decent price.

I was wondering what everyone else did? Do most video card manufacturers offer converter dongles? The gigabyte windforce version did not making me tempted to return it for a msi at the same price if they do.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I'm using two minidp-to-dp cables from monoprice and aside from being white they work perfectly fine. And both of them should cost you <$15 shipped.

blanketyblank

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
Thanks did you buy direct from monoprice? I was actually planning on getting cables from them, but seeing the reviews on Amazon I became a bit worried.

This was the most helpful negative review that turned me off:
Bought this cable due to good experiences with monoprice in the past. However I have had frequent problems with my display going blank and showing no signal after a sleep session. I am using an NEC Multisync PA271w (not a cheap monitor) as my primary (and NEC PA241w as secondary).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&amp;condition=new

Timewasted

Aug 16, 2012
I've been using the Accell B112B-001B adapter for about a month now. So far it hasn't given me any trouble. It has the added benefit of being Eyefinity validated, which hopefully means it's a decent quality adapter.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks did you buy direct from monoprice? I was actually planning on getting cables from them, but seeing the reviews on Amazon I became a bit worried.

This was the most helpful negative review that turned me off:
Bought this cable due to good experiences with monoprice in the past. However I have had frequent problems with my display going blank and showing no signal after a sleep session. I am using an NEC Multisync PA271w (not a cheap monitor) as my primary (and NEC PA241w as secondary).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&amp;condition=new
I'd sincerely question whether the cable was their problem. It's an extremely simple cable; there's no active conversion element and all the mDP pins directly map to DP pins. It would be very hard to mess it up.

Anyhow, I've been using Monoprice's mDP to DP cables without an issue.:)

Continuity28

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2005
I bought this one along with my other items at Newegg, and it works fine.

EDIT: BTW, for some reason it says that the color is white, but it's actually black like the picture shows.

Last edited: