Mini CD players

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
I'll get this more off topic then. I ended up breaking my original cd player because I fell down a bunch of stairs (true story) and it ended up cracking. I figured it'd work still...but when I put a cd in there, it spun up, and scratched the top of the cd right off. Now all but three tracks work. LOL.

If you have one, please let me know which one it is, and whether or not you'd get one again, if you new what was out there now.

I'm scared to get the Nomad because of the harddrive inside, and I want to take it running, biking, hiking and such.

I really wish I could take one scubadiving...that'd be tight.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
You mean miniDisc? yeah I have the Sony MZ-N505... I love it... one minidisc can record 5 hrs of music (you'll need a lot of memory for mp3 players to record 5 hrs), and each of them only cost a couple of bucks... netMD allows you to transfer directly from your PC to the minidisc through an USB cable (just like mp3 players)...

It's pretty small, and I have never had it skip on me... great for exercising...

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by: BCYL
You mean miniDisc? yeah I have the Sony MZ-N505... I love it... one minidisc can record 5 hrs of music (you'll need a lot of memory for mp3 players to record 5 hrs), and each of them only cost a couple of bucks... netMD allows you to transfer directly from your PC to the minidisc through an USB cable (just like mp3 players)... It's pretty small, and I have never had it skip on me... great for exercising...

I borrowed a friends MD player before. NetMD just wasn't for me, as it required me to have the program keep track of what files were on there and not...unless there is a way to make the MD player mount as a HDD, where I just drag and drop, I doubt I'll go that route.