Milo Yiannopoulos, has officially opened up a college scholarship exclusively for young white men.

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Well, Milo's opinion won't matter as much now that he has resigned from Breitbart News.

He's positioning it as a noble gesture, of course, because making apologies would be anathema to his very being... but if the leaks from yesterday are true, it was really a case of getting the boot. Either he left or multiple staffers left.

Reactions: twelfth

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Who will the alt-right fanatics turn to as their next idol now ? It doesn't take much to fill the role. Any sociopath with a twitter account is qualified to do their thinking for them.

Nov 25, 2013
Its funny to see the left trigger over this when they were praising shows like "Queer as Folk" for dealing with such issues over a decade ago.

All the while they harbor actual pedophiles.

mQwBgsh.png

if you don't know who this is, google it.

Surprise surprise...

XsQIMSo.png

https://ageofshitlords.com/salon-secretly-deleted-all-pro-pedophile-articles-on-their-website/

Don't you have anyone to clean up your cage?

zebra-finch-has-watery-yellowishgreenish-droppings-21622180.jpg

Nov 25, 2013
I also find it weird that 0roo0roo posts stuff that calls one person out for being a paedo, but when Milo is being called out on his pro-paedo shit, 0roo0roo's focus is that Milo's being smeared.

I guess 0roo0roo is being 0roo0roo.

A propaganda minion just has to do what a propaganda minion has to do. And he does.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Who will the alt-right fanatics turn to as their next idol now ? It doesn't take much to fill the role. Any sociopath with a twitter account is qualified to do their thinking for them.

I'd say Jeffery Dalmer, but his being dead would make for a boring rally.

twelfth

Sep 10, 2015
Milo was simply telling the truth.

If I post an article about how one black kid was brainwashed into being a gang member that it's the 'truth' for all black kids?

I'm gay. Was not molested as a child. Please stop with the false equivalence.

The catholic church proved another thing: Thousands upon thousands of boys who were molested ended up mostly straight.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
If I post an article about how one black kid was brainwashed into being a gang member that it's the 'truth' for all black kids?

I'm gay. Was not molested as a child. Please stop with the false equivalence.

The catholic church proved another thing: Thousands upon thousands of boys who were molested ended up mostly straight.

Milo purposely calls attention to negative gay stereotypes for the same reason that some minority conservatives call attention to negative minority stereotypes, it gives them some cachet with the movement for validating conservative beliefs.

In the same vein, conservatives in general are making a decision right now whether courting the alt-reich vote is worth the baggage of people like Milo. They're generally obliged to protect those on the further right no matter what, but there's the practical matter of throwing themselves under the bus too many times for any individual.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
The fool really thought he belonged in the conservative movement that wears its homophobia on its sleeve. Real life Clayton Bigsby.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Watching the news today, I just realized something... This is a HUGE victory for Milo. Cable news has been running clips from his talks, interviews and staged protests non stop for 48 hours straight. He just hit mainstream.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
Watching the news today, I just realized something... This is a HUGE victory for Milo. Cable news has been running clips from his talks, interviews and staged protests non stop for 48 hours straight. He just hit mainstream.

As I said earlier, without the Breitbart organization behind him, he's going to quickly burn out. It takes a lot of work to produce that content. Lots of people needing to be paid.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

This depends on what audience you're talking about. With virtuous people, willful association with pedophilia is a net negative in spite of publicity, but with trump conservatives as we've seen there's no such thing as negative publicity, mostly because they'll probably think of pedophilia as a positive if daddy does it.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hate to be one of those "please read" types, but this is a thoughtful look at both Milo's fall from grace this week as well as an inside look at his staff during the ill-fated Berkeley lecture:

On the Milo Bus With the Lost Boys of America’s New Right

And be sure to read through to the end if you're going to look, even if you're on Milo's side... it shows aspects of him that you may not be familiar with, since the writer knows him outside of his on-the-record media presence. It's more nuanced than you might think.

Surprise, his entourage is primarily barely-adult-age men. No, not for that, it's that they're classic Milo supporters: young, immature, intellectually wounded guys who see this almost as a game and haven't really had to face consequences for their actions. And Milo's downfall isn't because of the left, it's because the right was willing to tolerate a gay advocate for its causes up until he seemed to validate their prejudices (the truth, of course, is more complex).

Reactions: Victorian Gray