Millions drinking contaminated water in US

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I get all my water delivered by Culligan. At least I know that water is clean. I do not and have not trusted city water.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
I like the uranium in my drinking water thank you very much. The tingling is refreshing.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
In most areas of the country it's absolutely unexplainable why local utilities don't deliver clean water.

Now stfu and cut my taxes.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Water in my office has been brown for a while now... They sent it whoever it was they send in to check theses things and they said don't worry it's safe to drink... No thanks...

Feb 19, 2001
You know I switched us to Brita Filter at home from buying water from a local store which goes through RO filtering.

Well over the year my mom noticed that our kettle which she boils water with has been accumulating a lot of "white stuff" (not that stuff) ... basically salts. I'm guessing sodium, calcium, maybe some zinc. It's Brita filtered too.

I'm anal retentive about proper use. We fill to the min level all the time. We don't overfill, stuff like that. Even my brita filter looks a bit dirty.

I'm not used to this. But during college for 4 years I used a brita filter. Water tastes great. I always fridged it, so maybe that was a difference because you can pick up taste better at certain temperatures. My pitcher never looked dirty. It's kinda strange that I can taste some stuff at home with the brita filter.

Maybe I need to look into better filtering because water at home is just NOT AS GOOD....

Aug 23, 2000
This is why I say water is bad for you. Drink more sodas and alcohol. the soda has chemicals in it call preservatives, so it must preserve life right? And Alcohol will sterilize anything it comes into contact with.
As far as the radiation, It helps you aim at the toilet at night so your GF/Wife doesn't get bitchy when you pee on the floor.

Aug 23, 2000
You know I switched us to Brita Filter at home from buying water from a local store which goes through RO filtering.

Well over the year my mom noticed that our kettle which she boils water with has been accumulating a lot of "white stuff" (not that stuff) ... basically salts. I'm guessing sodium, calcium, maybe some zinc. It's Brita filtered too.

I'm anal retentive about proper use. We fill to the min level all the time. We don't overfill, stuff like that. Even my brita filter looks a bit dirty.

I'm not used to this. But during college for 4 years I used a brita filter. Water tastes great. I always fridged it, so maybe that was a difference because you can pick up taste better at certain temperatures. My pitcher never looked dirty. It's kinda strange that I can taste some stuff at home with the brita filter.

Maybe I need to look into better filtering because water at home is just NOT AS GOOD....

Water shouldn't have a taste.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004

Use distilled water in your kettle to avoid calcium deposits.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
In an ideal world that's correct, but you go to different places around the US and I guarantee you that you can pick up different tastes in certain cities' tap water. That's just how it is. You got lucky.

I like it when I can taste my water, especially well water. Mostly just so I laugh at all the whiney bitches who cry about it tasting bad. It's the fucking gift of life, drink it up :D