Millennials get out and Do Someone

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Honest question. Is this an American thing? AFAIK, people in poorer countries have copious amounts of sex. Few hang-ups associated with it also.
When I was younger and single and couldn't really bring people back to the house I was in with my parents the beach was always an option.
I'm under the opinion (and I realise that this could be bollocks) that you can get in a lot of trouble in the US if you are having sex in public, particularly if you are both under 18.
That probably makes things a bit more awkward.

Feb 4, 2009
When I was younger and single and couldn't really bring people back to the house I was in with my parents the beach was always an option.
I'm under the opinion (and I realise that this could be bollocks) that you can get in a lot of trouble in the US if you are having sex in public, particularly if you are both under 18.
That probably makes things a bit more awkward.

It is bollocks, assuming we are generally talking over 16 and it is an age appropriate couple. Not like one is 16 and the other is 38.

Reactions: WelshBloke

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
It is bollocks, assuming we are generally talking over 16 and it is an age appropriate couple. Not like one is 16 and the other is 38.
Well that's good news anyway. Theres so many stories of "oh I was just peeing outside and now I'm on a sex offender list" that eventually, even though you assume that they are bollocks, they start to make an impression.

Feb 4, 2009
Well that's good news anyway. Theres so many stories of "oh I was just peeing outside and now I'm on a sex offender list" that eventually, even though you assume that they are bollocks, they start to make an impression.

Typical story is a guy picks up a prostitute and assumes she is old enough but she isn’t and gets caught.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I've noticed quite a few young men (25-30) who all...

1) play video games for hours on end
2) still live with mommy and daddy
3) don't like work
4) watch a ton of XXX

How could anyone say that to do this long term is a good thing? If you know anything about habits, once they are formed they become very difficult to break. Imagine being in your 30s and all that you've done is play video games for hours daily, watch XXX, still live with mommy, and work a shit minimum wage job. That is only going to lead to depression and regret. Most women want to be with a man who has ambiion. Not someone whose playing Pubg for 10 hours a day. I just think it's an easy out for these young guys today. Stay inside your room. Watch XXX, play video games all day, and have mommy tuck yo;u into bed. lolz.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I've noticed quite a few young men (25-30) who all...

1) play video games for hours on end
2) still live with mommy and daddy
3) don't like work
4) watch a ton of XXX

How could anyone say that to do this long term is a good thing? If you know anything about habits, once they are formed they become very difficult to break. Imagine being in your 30s and all that you've done is play video games for hours daily, watch XXX, still live with mommy, and work a shit minimum wage job. That is only going to lead to depression and regret. Most women want to be with a man who has ambiion. Not someone whose playing Pubg for 10 hours a day. I just think it's an easy out for these young guys today. Stay inside your room. Watch XXX, play video games all day, and have mommy tuck yo;u into bed. lolz.
I don't know about your friends or alleged friends, but I actually tried.
Back when I was skinny and had all my hair I tried like you would not fucking believe. Women never showed any real interest in me. Not once in my entire life. Not in high school. Not after I joined the Navy. Not when I had a good job after the Navy and loads of free time. Not when I was going to college and meeting dozens of them every day. They never liked me. I've been out doing all kinds of fun shit and women never thought I was worth spending time with.
Kidnapping illegal and unlike the movies, probably won't get me true love.

• Haha
Reactions: maddie

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Honest question. Is this an American thing? AFAIK, people in poorer countries have copious amounts of sex. Few hang-ups associated with it also.

I think you'll find heavily religious areas have copious amounts of hang-ups about sex. What's expected, appropriate, etc...

Feb 4, 2009
I don't know about your friends or alleged friends, but I actually tried.
Back when I was skinny and had all my hair I tried like you would not fucking believe. Women never showed any real interest in me. Not once in my entire life. Not in high school. Not after I joined the Navy. Not when I had a good job after the Navy and loads of free time. Not when I was going to college and meeting dozens of them every day. They never liked me. I've been out doing all kinds of fun shit and women never thought I was worth spending time with.
Kidnapping illegal and unlike the movies, probably won't get me true love.

Hmmm....
Just a guess:

You are being “too nice” and attracting Friends instead of partner. I struggled with this myself until around 22. No solution other than state your intentions at the right time

You are being rude without knowing it. Have an honest conversation with someone you know well

Off the wall possibility you have too high standards and are looking for perfection which you’ll never find

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Topics like this remind me why I support legalized prostitution, and also...more recently, I see a future in sex training programs. Like @WelshBloke points out, anxiety about sex can be a big problem. I think both these things would be a big plus in reducing sexuality stigmas in our country.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Cause it's not like there's a pandemic going on where people are supposed to stay home...

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
As a millennial I did my part by having sex with my wife twice last night. You're welcome

Is this inherently a bad thing?

Sex provides a lot of benefits like stress relief, boosts to the immune system, better sleep (which adds a host of benefits) and so on. Lack of sex collectively could be a sign of mental health concerns that have other affects as well.

• Haha
Reactions: WelshBloke