Millennials discover the reality of liberal government

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Hows that hope and change working out for ya?

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/28/millennials-discover-the-reality-of-liberal-government/

Some snippets from the article.

Liberalism in America has caused the youth misery index, which figures in youth unemployment, average graduating student-loan debt, and the national per-capita debt, to reach a record high of 98.6.

Youth unemployment is at a staggering 15.8 percent and 1.7 million young adults have given up looking for work, according the Department of Labor. And the average millennial graduating college is sent on his or her way with $30,000 in student loan debt, the highest in American history. Didn’t Obama say this is the time we put Americans back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids? If this is the definition of liberal opportunity, we should have stuck with Bush.

Millennials are now seeing an America they cannot thrive in. The trillion-dollar stimulus and out of control government spending ushered in by liberal politicians produced few shovel ready jobs, while leaving per capita debt at $52,948. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the 2013 labor force participation rate of those in their twenties has hit the lowest level on record since 1981.

What happened to that promise about no family should have to turn down an acceptance letter because they can not afford college?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...arks-president-democratic-national-convention

No family should have to set aside a college acceptance letter because they don’t have the money.

But yet college admissions are at an all time high.

http://www.npr.org/2014/03/18/290868013/how-the-cost-of-college-went-from-affordable-to-sky-high

If you want to get an earful about paying for college, listen to parents from states where tuition and fees have skyrocketed in the last five years. In Arizona, for example, parents have seen a 77 percent increase in costs. In Georgia, it's 75 percent, and in Washington state, 70 percent.

How is college supposed to be affordable when prices have gone up 70%, 75% and 77%?

Young liberals helped elect obama not only once, but twice, and now we are all paying the price.

Last edited:

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013
College admissions are at an all time high and youth unemployment is rising as well. Sounds like some people went to college who shouldn't have.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Obama isn't a liberal and very few liberal policies have been implemented in the past three decades with many liberal policies reversed so what are you going on about now?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
They'll still vote for the "cool" candidate no matter how detrimental that person will be to them.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Eventually when they're tired of being peasants for rich political hack assholes, the millennials will get off their asses, demand dipshit politicians stay the fuck out of their way, and they'll get on with it. Then success and everything else will happen for them, and when dumb statists try to make them feel guilty for the success (which is all they ever do) they'll remember how much it sucked when they were following the dumb statists' advice and extend the middle finger.

Until then- they'll have to settle for whining about how much worthless degrees cost and Walmart and McDonalds and all the other bullshit that's supposed to substitute for having a life.

Give 'em time. I recall GenX was pretty much a bunch of dipshits before we got our shit together and cast off the statist bullshit as well. (Probably true to some extent for all generations.)

kstu

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2004
They'll still vote for the "cool" candidate no matter how detrimental that person will be to them.

Instead of voting for the uncool candidate who will be even more detrimental to them? Tough choice.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
lol DailyCaller.

Liberal politics have nothing to do with rising college prices. Market demand and incentives do.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Lol daily caller.

The rubes swallow yet another bullshit article.

I feel like I've really missed my chance to make millions by making some crazy right wing website. You can literally write anything and people will buy it.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
For all of the intelligent folks that frequent this forum...

I find it amazing that so many are quick to call out opposing views and sources as rubbish and yet not recognize they are just as influenced by their own media outlets and such. No such thing as center ground anymore. That's what's wrong with this country regardless of the demographic.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Considering Obama is arguably as liberal as ronnie reagan, nobody has any idea whatsoever what the heck you're on about. :p

Young liberals helped elect obama not only once, but twice, and now we are all paying the price.
Oh, and you think things would have been vastly better under coat-turner, flipflopper extraordinaire mittens romney? Lol, you are a hoot. The only ones who might be ahead under him would be the 1%.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Conservative solution to unemployment: cut unemployment benefits and health care for the poor.
Conservative solution to college unaffordability: cut federal scholarships and student loans.
No thanks. I'll stick with liberal solutions.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009

I find it amazing that so many are quick to call out opposing views and sources as rubbish and yet not recognize they are just as influenced by their own media outlets and such. No such thing as center ground anymore. That's what's wrong with this country regardless of the demographic.

Yeah! Everyone is all just as bad! And various media sources are all held to the lowest standard, because fairness!

This kind of drivel is the saddest of all.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Conservative solution to unemployment: cut unemployment benefits and health care for the poor.
Conservative solution to college unaffordability: cut federal scholarships and student loans.
No thanks. I'll stick with liberal solutions.

If all the people who want to go to college become poor get sick and die in the gutter it's problem solved isn't it?

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
Yeah! Everyone is all just as bad! And various media sources are all held to the lowest standard, because fairness!

This kind of drivel is the saddest of all.

That's not what I've stated. There are outlets from both sides of the fence that anyone would question as reliable. What's sad is no matter the price folks can't seem to compromise on anything. Unfortunately, given your response I'd count you as one of these people. Drivel indeed...

Feb 6, 2007
If you want to get an earful about paying for college, listen to parents from states where tuition and fees have skyrocketed in the last five years. In Arizona, for example, parents have seen a 77 percent increase in costs. In Georgia, it's 75 percent, and in Washington state, 70 percent.How is college supposed to be affordable when prices have gone up 70%, 75% and 77%?

Yes, those wild hippie blue states like Georgia and Arizona and their crazy liberal politics...

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
FT_Among_Millennials.png

In the Harvard survey, the drop in Obama’s ratings tracked a decline in the number of young Americans who believe the country is heading in the right direction. Just 14% of those surveyed said the country was headed in the right direction, 49% said it was headed in the wrong direction and the remainder was unsure. This trend was particularly pronounced among 18 to 29 year-old women.

Views evolve.

Uno

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

It is important to call out nonsense like this article, regardless of the source. When liberal people read evidence free crap that supports their opinion it is just as bad.

kia75

Oct 30, 2005
You do know that everything that's "Good" isn't conservative, and everything that's "bad" isn't liberal, right?

http://www.npr.org/2014/03/18/290868013/how-the-cost-of-college-went-from-affordable-to-sky-high

But yet college admissions are at an all time high.

Quote:"
If you want to get an earful about paying for college, listen to parents from states where tuition and fees have skyrocketed in the last five years. In Arizona, for example, parents have seen a 77 percent increase in costs. In Georgia, it's 75 percent, and in Washington state, 70 percent."

How is college supposed to be affordable when prices have gone up 70%, 75% and 77%?

You do know that Georgia and Arizona aren't exactly Liberal states, they tend to be extremely conservative.

So you're complaining about something that conservatives did, and blaming it on Liberals?

Why not instead of nursing this foolish liberal\conservative divide we look at each individual issue and choose the best option for it? If I remember correctly, didn't you use government programs to pay for your schooling? And those programs are no longer available to people of this generation? Why not restart some of the old government programs that were so helpful for you? Think of paying it forward, you were able to get a successful career out of your schooling, shouldn't future generations be able to do the same? A hand up to the future, instead of a hand out. I for one would rather have the young people of this generation in a career and working instead of sitting at home playing video games.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Lol daily caller.

The rubes swallow yet another bullshit article.

I feel like I've really missed my chance to make millions by making some crazy right wing website. You can literally write anything and people will buy it.

Ad hominem.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

"The Daily Caller is a politically conservative news and opinion website based"

What is wrong with you? Are you seriously that dense to believe that the information you get from that site it not totally politically biased? Do you not think they have an agenda? Its one mans opinion and yet you post shit like this as if its factual news. Just amazing you all folks take this tripe from sites like this as if gospel no wonder Americans are so fucking divided.

Last edited: