Milkyway@Home double credit bonus for next 48 hours!!!

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
Milkyway@Home is awarding double credit from 4:00 UTC (12:00am EST) through 4:00 UTC 7/22/11 (48 hours total). sorry i wasn't on top of the announcement before it actually started...fortunately we're only ~2 hours in. this bonus period is to more or less make up for several days of outages that occurred several months ago now. at any rate, if there are any credit seekers out there who are also looking to give the TeAm a boost, now's the time to hop on the MW@H train...

ZipSpeed

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2007
Grr... getting the maximum time elapse bug. Units are aborting too early. Is it me or every time I decide to run this project, crap seems to happen? Probably why I don't run it very often. Will have to look into it when I have more time.

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
i wish i could be of some assistance in that department, but i have yet to be plagued by the max time elapse bug, and so i've never had to fix it. there are a few threads that address the issue on the MW@H message boards, both in the Number Crunching forum and the News forum.

salvorhardin

Jan 30, 2003
Grr... getting the maximum time elapse bug. Units are aborting too early. Is it me or every time I decide to run this project, crap seems to happen? Probably why I don't run it very often. Will have to look into it when I have more time.

I was getting the same error when I tried running my 5850 on a different rig. The problem I had came from the system giving my 5850 a rating of over 30k Gflop/s. I had to use the appinfo.xml from here to run it, I just edited the flops line to 2 instead of 1. The optimized app is the same as the one provided by milkyway.

edit: I changed the flops to 2.0e11 because it would only download 1 wu at a time for me if I used the default of 1.0e11. This thread was were the time elapsed bug is being disscussed.

Last edited:

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Last I checked, the latest version of MW@H for Linux nVIDIA requires a later version of glibc than I have. D:

At least I made it past 100K before that happened.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Sadly, the client says that my Radeon 5670 isn't supported, so I'll have to pass on this "bonus event".. :(

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
Sadly, the client says that my Radeon 5670 isn't supported, so I'll have to pass on this "bonus event".. :(
MW@H requires a GPU with double precision floating point (FP64) capabilities. unfortunately, while ATI's 58xx series GPUs support FP64, the 57xx and 56xx series GPUs do not.

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
so about 90 minutes ago, MW@H went down...of all times to fail, it does so during the double credit period :rolleyes:. oh well...i suspect this outage is going to be similar to the last few outages - a result of the school shutting down the A/C's around campus to save on electricity during the heat wave, which means its its out of the hands of the powers that be at MW@H. what a shame...

Last edited:

kb3edk

Jul 11, 2004
so about 90 minutes ago, MW@H went down...of all times to fail, it does so during the double credit period :rolleyes:. oh well...i suspect this outage is going to be similar to the last few outages - a result of the school shutting down the A/C's around campus to save on electricity during the heat wave, which means its its out of the hands of the powers that be at MW@H. what a shame...

What a coincidence... I shut down my MW@H box 30 minutes ago due to the heat wave... gonna hit triple digits here tomorrow and my home A/C is really huffing hard...

Was wondering how I was getting six figures today from my 2 year old Radeon 4770... :)

Anyway I'll be back once temps drop back into the 80's. May fire up the box for a few mins tomorrow morning just to see if I can dump my queue while the bonus period is still in effect.