Militia leader Stewart Rhodes says that his group will be at polling locations and is ready to kill Democrats

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
I really don't understand how this doesn't warrant some sort of apprehension by authorities. They were rounding up random people in Oregon just because...

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I really don't understand how this doesn't warrant some sort of apprehension by authorities. They were rounding up random people in Oregon just because...
I think the head of the DOJ knows his boss loves these guys. They are the most bought into his WWG1WGA cult.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Drag him in, beat his ass for being an idiot, take away any weapons' he owns, then lock him back up in his moms basement. Maybe beat his a second time because a good ass woopin stimulates blood flow to the brain, and he clearly suffers from a lack of blood flow to the brain.

I can't tell you how much clowns like this annoy me. I understand that some folks just aren't very bright, but being stupid, violent, and an asshole is the trifecta of annoyance for me. It's enough to make me forget he's a borderline human.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
. Yeah, where is Janet Reno when you need her?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
@Jaskalas since you are so concerned about "rioting" what say you? It definitely seems like there is one party encouraging violence, and it isn't the one with Joe Biden.

I see Riots that are already happening VS threats of things to come.

Haven't watched or heard or read a full transcript. The article does not provide one, only a short clip from the intro. I assume he continued to coach his words with "what ifs". Such as "If the Left attacks us at the polls". "If the Left attacks the White House".

Is "we will defend ourselves" a terrorist threat for you?

I'll add by saying the thought of Civil War is surfacing a lot lately. For obvious reasons. The "Left" attacks people on the streets for defending themselves from violent Rioters. The "Left" attacks cops who are protecting themselves from deadly weapons. There is a consistent pattern of attacking people who defend themselves - is this supposed to be any different? Am I supposed to believe this is not the continued pattern of attacking innocent people?

Granted, these men obviously mean to retaliate in force and they are saying it plainly. They have no stated intention of remaining innocent if !@#$ hits the fan. I do predict America will resemble Afghanistan if we resort to violence. At that point all bets are off.

I do not want violence. I call on these militia people to fuck off and stay away from the polls. Do not take to the streets. Do not make the first move. If the election is attacked, if the streets are attacked, if our government is attacked. Let it be the "Left" who make that move first. They need to be ready if the end comes - but they need to be damn sure they do not cause it.

Though given the state of America these days, not sure we could do anything about if it they did. Whoever strikes first - we all seem poised and ready to relentlessly strike each other until no one survives this scorched earth. Like Israel VS Palestinians. No one will give a !@#$ who started it, when the years pass- all we would care about of the blood of the other. I rather wonder if your question to me would resemble an officer on the Titanic asking about the additional Icebergs ahead. After the ship already split into two. Bit late, don't you think?

I honestly do not think the "Left" on the streets are going to stop. That they will incite retaliation. A circle that has no end. Can anyone call these forces back? Do you even want yours to stop? I am thinking you deny they even exist. A good cover, I think you'll find the "right" responds in kind.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Anti-Government and ready to kill Ordinary People who oppose the Government.....someone is very Confused or Lying.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Haven't watched or heard or read a full transcript. The article does not provide one, only a short clip from the intro. I assume he continued to coach his words with "what ifs". Such as "If the Left attacks us at the polls". "If the Left attacks the White House".

I'll add by saying the thought of Civil War is surfacing a lot lately. For obvious reasons. The "Left" attacks people on the streets for defending themselves from violent Rioters. The "Left" attacks cops who are protecting themselves from deadly weapons. There is a consistent pattern of attacking people who defend themselves - is this supposed to be any different? Am I supposed to believe this is not the continued pattern of attacking innocent people?

Granted, these men obviously mean to retaliate in force and they are saying it plainly. They have no stated intention of remaining innocent if !@#$ hits the fan. I do predict America will resemble Afghanistan if we resort to violence. At that point all bets are off.

I do not want violence. I call on these militia people to fuck off and stay away from the polls. Do not take to the streets. Do not make the first move. If the election is attacked, if the streets are attacked, if our government is attacked. Let it be the "Left" who make that move first. They need to be ready if the end comes - but they need to be damn sure they do not cause it.

Though given the state of America these days, not sure we could do anything about if it they did. Whoever strikes first - we all seem poised and ready to relentlessly strike each other until no one survives this scorched earth. Like Israel VS Palestinians. No one will give a !@#$ who started it, when the years pass- all we would care about of the blood of the other. I rather wonder if your question to me would resemble an officer on the Titanic asking about the additional Icebergs ahead. After the ship already split into two. Bit late, don't you think?

I honestly do not think the "Left" on the streets are going to stop. That they will incite retaliation. A circle that has no end. Can anyone call these forces back? Do you even want yours to stop? I am thinking you deny they even exist. A good cover, I think you'll find the "right" responds in kind.
Oh I'm sorry, which leftist group plotted to kidnap and kill a public official? I see you are still playing the master of deflection for these dirtbags.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Steven Carrillo, a right-wing authoritarian, killed cops. Not BLM/Antifa/the "Left".

Right-wing authoritarians were plotting to kidnap and murder the Governor of MI, not BLM/Antifa/the "Left"

It's hilarious watching the cognitive dissonance gush onto my screen when I read your posts about this.

Just because "the Left" is against police officers shooting people to death doesn't make "the Left" rioters and looters.

In fact, most of the "riots" you're complaining about were started by right-wing authoritarians acting as Agent Provocateurs. This isn't my conjecture, it's what arrest records and recorded activities of right-wing authoritarian groups has shown.

One side is protesting police officers shooting people to death. The other side are cheering on the police shooting people to death. And out of everyone, it's the POLICE who have been rioting this year. You can watch footage of it from multiple cities.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Okay, so what you are saying is it's the "left's" fault for the right wing nut jobs threating to kill people and intimidate voters. Meanwhile, every major democratic leader has condemned violence and riots, Trump eggs it on.

It also seems that it is the right wing nuts that show up places looking to create confrontations. The "left" also doesn't believe in "self defense" when the person seeks out the situation that creates the need for self defense. It's bullshit to threaten people, then claim self defense when they try to defend themselves from you.

I'm just wondering, do you remember a time, basically any time before Trump, where no one was afraid of being shot while voting or mass riots and violence in the party in charge lost? Now almost everyone has those worries and you blame democrats for it?

This is what you are defending right now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Drag him in, beat his ass for being an idiot, take away any weapons' he owns, then lock him back up in his moms basement. Maybe beat his a second time because a good ass woopin stimulates blood flow to the brain, and he clearly suffers from a lack of blood flow to the brain.

I can't tell you how much clowns like this annoy me. I understand that some folks just aren't very bright, but being stupid, violent, and an asshole is the trifecta of annoyance for me. It's enough to make me forget he's a borderline human.
It makes me sad. I see a person with perhaps better than average potential that never got a chance to be somebody. Helping people like him in childhood before all the damage is done would cost the 1% some extra taxes, Fortunately for you and I he's only dangerous to liberals so we can live comfortably with that kind of collateral damage.

Reactions: thilanliyan

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
The right loves to focus on protest that turn into riots but ignore the overveiling percentage of peaceful protests. This is intentional and the goal is painting the BLM protests as violent when in reality the opposite is true. Same intent the kneeling during anthem = anti-flag messaging had. It is age old tactic for delegitimize a movement. If you find yourself buying into this BS, you are either being unwittingly manipulated or a POS.

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
He has that patch on his eye because he dropped a loaded gun and it discharged and blinded him in one eye. His ex wife filed for protection during their divorce I think as well. The guy is trash. But had some brain cells at some point, he graduated from Yale law and he didn't get in with a family name like Kushner.

Reactions: Sunburn74

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Today on Terry Gross's Fresh Air on NPR was an interview with a journalist who had covered civil unrest all over the world who did some investigating on this very group for an article in the Atlantic out now: https://www.npr.org/2020/10/28/9286...seas-journalist-examines-u-s-militia-movement

I caught a good chunk of it. He said the guy Rhodes, who started this whole thing, has become very erratic, the organization itself has become very disheveled and disorganized itself, a lot of people thought they were just signing up for gun rights and other things - not this far radical stuff, but it's still an issue and they still have a group. There are still a base of the crazies in that group that truly believe Trump is the truth teller, if he says this election was stolen they will believe it, just like they still believe the Dems committed massive voter fraud in 2016, because Trump said it.
I love npr but haven't listened much since I started working from home.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009

Another one of these both sides jackasses.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
He has that patch on his eye because he dropped a loaded gun and it discharged and blinded him in one eye. His ex wife filed for protection during their divorce I think as well. The guy is trash. But had some brain cells at some point, he graduated from Yale law and he didn't get in with a family name like Kushner.

I'd love to hear the story on this. There are online references to an accident during an Army night exercise being the cause of his honorable discharge.

He also seems to have a habit of drawing the gun he always carries and waving it at family members and himself during arguments. Not above grabbing his daughter by the throat and pinning her to a wall either apparently.

Unstable piece of shit confirmed. I'd prefer him to get help, but if it ends up being lead poisoning that ends his batshit path to violence, oh well.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Another one of these both sides jackasses.

Not always, he's just really into the notion of a civil war. Almost a fetish really, been going on since the Dubya days IIRC. I bet the Search function could say it better than I could. Of course he's going to hop onto a crate and get loud in a thread about a true jackass very much trying to start an actual civil war.

Reactions: jtvang125

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Maybe Democrats should put gun control on hold and embrace the original meaning of the 2nd Amendment until this blows over.