Military and true conservatives disgusted with Big Government Bush NeoCons

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Genx87
Ah...so Reagan gave Congress a blank check to come up with whatever they wanted, eh?

Did I say that? You are the one who came up with the military spending figures normalized to todays dollars.
You implied it wasn't Reagan that ramped up the size of our military by blaming it on Democrats in Congress.

I thought "libs" were anti-military?

Please clarify

Many people with your political viewpoint have constantly accused Democrats ("libs") of being anti-military, dismantling the military, etc.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
You implied it wasn't Reagan that ramped up the size of our military by blaming it on Democrats in Congress.

Where in the hell did I imply that? I said Reagan was militarily conservative and not fiscally responsible. How does that imply blaming the democrats? I think you need to turn off the paranoid switch in your brain.

Many people with your political viewpoint have constantly accused Democrats ("libs") of being anti-military, dismantling the military, etc.

Wow thank you for going way off topic.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Genx87

Where in the hell did I imply that? I said Reagan was militarily conservative and not fiscally responsible. How does that imply blaming the democrats? I think you need to turn off the paranoid switch in your brain.

Wow thank you for going way off topic.

uh...I was talking to hokiezilla

All you nutcase neocons look alike. ;)

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: hokiezilla
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: Zebo
True conservatives...

Theres a name for them too "paleo conservatives" the likes of Justin Romanio founder at antiwar.com, Pat Buchanan, Ron Paul (R) TX, Ronald Reagan, and so on.

Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan are not conservatives. Ron Paul is a libertarian. Pat Buchanan used to be a conservative, but doesn't affiliate himself with conservatives or the Republicans. Ronald Reagan was a conservative.

You're right about Ron Paul, he is a libertarian. However, Pat Buchanan is a paleo-conservative who is pissed off at the 'neo-conservative' communists who hijacked the republican party.

I'm not sure why you call neo-conservative's communists. Are you saying they are reformed pink-diaper babies?

That's exactly my point, read "Neo-Conned!" by Ron Paul:

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2003/cr071003.htm

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
uh...I was talking to hokiezilla

All you nutcase neocons look alike

Interesting that you still took the time to reply to me eventhough you apparently knew my response was a response to your response to hokiezilla.

Care to explain how you could do such a thing?

hokiezilla

Mar 9, 2003
Originally posted by: Zebo
True conservatives...

Theres a name for them too "paleo conservatives" the likes of Justin Romanio founder at antiwar.com, Pat Buchanan, Ron Paul (R) TX, Ronald Reagan, and so on.

Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan are not conservatives. Ron Paul is a libertarian. Pat Buchanan used to be a conservative, but doesn't affiliate himself with conservatives or the Republicans. Ronald Reagan was a conservative.

You're right about Ron Paul, he is a libertarian. However, Pat Buchanan is a paleo-conservative who is pissed off at the 'neo-conservative' communists who hijacked the republican party.

I'm not sure why you call neo-conservative's communists. Are you saying they are reformed pink-diaper babies?

What's the general premise of Neo-Conned?

hokiezilla

Mar 9, 2003
Originally posted by: conjur
Ah...so Reagan gave Congress a blank check to come up with whatever they wanted, eh?

I thought "libs" were anti-military? :confused:

No, Reagan wanted the tax cuts and was a strong proponent of increased defense spending. Democrats wanted a boost in all of the welfare programs like SS, Medicare, Medicaid, and ADC/TANF. The compromise was that neither party got exactly what they wanted.

You have to understand that Carter cut defense spending and Frank Church helped gut the CIA's ground assets. Reagan wanted to rebuild the military, and hasten the demise of communist Russia. Reagan understood the notion that strength is the best deterrent.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

No, Reagan wanted the tax cuts and was a strong proponent of increased defense spending. Democrats wanted a boost in all of the welfare programs like SS, Medicare, Medicaid, and ADC/TANF. The compromise was that neither party got exactly what they wanted.

You have to understand that Carter cut defense spending and Frank Church helped gut the CIA's ground assets. Reagan wanted to rebuild the military, and hasten the demise of communist Russia. Reagan understood the notion that strength is the best deterrent.

Reagan wanted tax cuts? Like the taxes he put on Social Security income (for the first time that was ever done)?

hokiezilla

Mar 9, 2003

Reagan wanted tax cuts? Like the taxes he put on Social Security income (for the first time that was ever done)?

Between 1977 and 1996, the Social Security tax was raised 9 times. You do the math.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'd never dreamed I lived to see the day I'd welcome a military coup, but then I never thought the Supreme Coup would get there first. Bush is God's pay back for violating the will of His people.

Codec

Jan 19, 2000

"this neocon argues that certain tools are permissible to use. For instance: ?Lying is central to the survival of nations and to the success of great enterprises, because if our enemies can count on the reliability of everything you say, your vulnerability is enormously increased.? What about the effects of lying on one?s own people? Who cares if a leader can fool the enemy? Does calling it ?strategic deception? make lying morally justifiable? Ledeen and Machiavelli argue that it does, as long as the survivability of the state is at stake. Preserving the state is their goal, even if the personal liberty of all individuals has to be suspended or canceled."

At least the neocons are consistent in following their deranged delusions.