Mike Vanderjagt released by Cowboys.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Link

Oh, how far he's fallen.

Kinda reminds me of Brad Lidge not being the same anymore when Pujols hit that monstrous homer off him in Game 6 of the 2005 NLCS (even though the Astros won that series).

Vanderjagt just hasn't been the same after he missed that field goal last year in the playoffs.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
He shouldn't have been gloating about his "greatness" on Letterman the day after he lost the game for the Colts.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Man thats a nice waste of 2.5m up front given to him. Dallas continues to have kicker woes. Brings back nightmares of Cortez last year... He cost us at least 3 games.

Who knows what kind of shape Gramatica is in.. My guess is that he isn't gonna be so automatica anymore.

yosuke188

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2005
Gramatica is known to have low trajectory kicks... might be blocked. And Kickoff coverage might get a bit tougher.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Link

Oh, how far he's fallen.

Kinda reminds me of Brad Lidge not being the same anymore when Pujols hit that monstrous homer off him in Game 6 of the 2005 NLCS (even though the Astros won that series).

Vanderjagt just hasn't been the same after he missed that field goal last year in the playoffs.

Wow, that's pretty incredible.

Good for Gramatica though, let's hope he keeps his celebrations to a minimum after his fgs.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
I wonder how badly Vanderjagt will sleep on his bed of paid-up-front bonus money?

If I were him i'd fly down to Hawaii and practice my kicking so that I'll be ready when I sign with another team next year.

Jun 27, 2005
What? Waitaminute... Bill Parcels fired a kicker?!? Bill Parcels? NO WAI!

Jerry Jones should have known better than to spend up front money on Vanderjact. Who was the last kicker to make it through an entire season with Parcels? Last year they wound up hiring back the first guy they fired because they had gone through every available kicker in the known universe and he was the only guy left! :laugh:

Honestly, I'm surprised he lasted this long.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
What I've read....supposedly Dallas has a very good kicker on their AFL team and as of like, next week he's eligible for the NFL. Rumor has it, Gramatica is a stop-gap solution until that guy is available.

We'll see....in the meantime, lets go Automatica!

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Deeko
What I've read....supposedly Dallas has a very good kicker on their AFL team and as of like, next week he's eligible for the NFL. Rumor has it, Gramatica is a stop-gap solution until that guy is available.

Then why not hang on to Vanderjagt for one more week?

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Gramatica sucks ass... I LOVED it when they cut him from Tampa Bay.

I am surprised they would cut him like that - I guarantee it was more than just his poor performance as of late..

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Originally posted by: Deeko

Then why not hang on to Vanderjagt for one more week?

Good point. Maybe it's a subtle sign to everyone, including their own team, that they're determined to change kickers.

P.S. He's not called Automatica for nothing, btw ;)