Mike Huckabee says McCain should show up to debate

Aegeon

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2004
Mike Huckabee has now come out publicly and said that McCain should definitely show up at the debate this Friday.

MOBILE, ALA. ? Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Thursday that Sen. John McCain made a ?huge mistake? by even discussing canceling the presidential debate with Sen. Barack Obama...

Huckabee said Thursday in Mobile that the people need to hear both candidates. He said that?s ?far better than heading to Washington? to huddle with senators.

He said the candidates should level with the people about the financial crisis and say the ?heart of this is greed.?

Huckabee said he still backs McCain?s candidacy, but said the Arizona senator should not have put his campaign on hold to deal with the financial crisis on Wall Street. He said a president must be prepared to ?deal with the unexpected.?

?You can?t just say, `World stop for a moment. I?m going to cancel everything,'? Huckabee said.
http://www.clarionledger.com/a...1/80925024/-1/news0401

I think its safe to say these were not the type of quotes McCain wanted to see in the news right now from one of his former presidential primary opponents.

The general popular reaction to McCain's move definitely does not appear to be going the way McCain wanted it to.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Aegeon
Mike Huckabee has now come out publicly and said that McCain should definitely show up at the debate this Friday.

MOBILE, ALA. ? Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Thursday that Sen. John McCain made a ?huge mistake? by even discussing canceling the presidential debate with Sen. Barack Obama...

Huckabee said Thursday in Mobile that the people need to hear both candidates. He said that?s ?far better than heading to Washington? to huddle with senators.

He said the candidates should level with the people about the financial crisis and say the ?heart of this is greed.?

Huckabee said he still backs McCain?s candidacy, but said the Arizona senator should not have put his campaign on hold to deal with the financial crisis on Wall Street. He said a president must be prepared to ?deal with the unexpected.?

?You can?t just say, `World stop for a moment. I?m going to cancel everything,'? Huckabee said.
http://www.clarionledger.com/a...1/80925024/-1/news0401

I think its safe to say these were not the type of quotes McCain wanted to see in the news right now from one of his former presidential primary opponents.

The general popular reaction to McCain's move definitely does not appear to be going the way McCain wanted it to.

McSame has lost his marbles. I honestly would have voted for the McCain that ran in 2000, but lately he's making decisions that just don't make sense. Even people from his own party have looked at some of the things he's done lately and think WTF is he doing?

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
who? and more importantly who cares about huckbee, last I checked he lost and is now back to being a nobody.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: bozack
who? and more importantly who cares about huckbee, last I checked he lost and is now back to being a nobody.
Must be frustrating as hell being a Republican having to defend Bush for 7+ years and now having to defend McCain and his Soccer Mommy running mate. I don't envy you.