Mike Huckabee saves the day!

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Huckabee does the Heimlich move to save fellow Republican

Bass-playing Baptist preacher Mike Huckabee didn't get enough support to win his party's White House nomination, but he is sure to have the vote of a fellow Republican he saved from choking on a piece of chicken over the weekend. "Oh, he's my best friend. I'm indebted for life," said Robert Pittenger, who hopes to become lieutenant-governor of North Carolina.

Mr. Huckabee, pictured, told Fox News yesterday he didn't think twice when he intervened. "I just happened to look up and I saw somebody patting him on the back.... I knew that the worst thing you can do is pat someone on the back if they're choking," he explained. "I? got up, walked over, pushed the person aside who was patting him on the back ... and reached around Robert, gave him the Heimlich manoeuvre three or four times, the item dislodged."

I'm curious, do they teach the Heimlich maneuver in first aid classes? Seems like a handy thing to know how to do.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: yllus

I'm curious, do they teach the Heimlich maneuver in first aid classes? Seems like a handy thing to know how to do.

Yes they do... at least the class I took. Everyone should take a first-aid class and know how to do CPR as well.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well, no doubt about it, Huckabee saved a life with some quick thinking and knowledge. And has every reason to feel damn proud of himself.

It still does not change my opinion regarding his politics, but in the pretty bad POTUS field the GOP ran in 08, Huckabee was a damn sight better than most of them.
Huckabee, IMHO, has been unfairly tarred as being a religious nut, but he still has an excellent record as a pragmatic and fair Governor of Arkansas. I hope the GOP
will find a place for him in their leadership, because there is much good to be said about him. And now he can put Huck the hero down on his resume.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Yep, taught it in the one I take.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: rudder

Yes they do... at least the class I took. Everyone should take a first-aid class and know how to do CPR as well.

Carefull Rudder, people here will jump all over you for using the world "should" specially Cad

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Where was he when the US choked to death on Bush?

0/10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe Corbett thinks the Moonbeam comment rates zero on a scale of 10, but I think Moonbeam was correct again. Short, sweet, and to the point.