Might want to grill ribs and baked chicken tonight - suggestions?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I do not grill very often, but am kind of wanting to tonight. Ribs and baked chicken. Any suggestions? Particularly on what temperature to cook them, which ones I should put on the grill first because they take longer, etc. Will be using Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ on them. I like my chicken well done, just FYI. Thanks!
costco
buy rotisserie chicken $4.99
below the chicken is their ribs.
both fully cooked and still hot.

buy, eat.
skip the messy prep, grilling, and cleanup of the prep+grill

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

White people’s bland food isn’t just an internet meme. It’s a centuries-long obsession (Quartz.com)

;)

spicy-food-um-try-again-sweetie-above-a-funny-stock-image-of-a-woman-holding-a-piece-of-white-bread

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Dark meat isn't any spicier than white meat, it just has a worse texture

Dark meat also has quite a bit more flavor by itself due to fat-content.

White meat prepared without sauce/seasoning might as well be a piece of chewy cardboard even if cooked perfectly.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Dark meat also has quite a bit more flavor by itself due to fat-content.

White meat prepared without sauce/seasoning might as well be a piece of chewy cardboard even if cooked perfectly.
Okay? I don't like dark meat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't eat white meat plain either.
Meat of color are clearly more fatty, tasty, and curvier. Booty over boobs!:p
Help yourself, "tasty" is subjective. Fatty is not a bonus.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I sometimes just happen to like the greasiest. 27% ground beef. Peanut butter. Pork belly products. Fatten me up! (A tall order);):D.
I guess you do, I pretty much always buy 80/20 ground beef and don't dig on pork belly.
Remember when you asked about the "pasty-white" thing? ;)
Yes, and you said it was because I didn't like spicy food/preferred bland food, which is demonstrably false... I'm currently eating a bowl of spicy pork tonkotsu ramen with cajun andouille and a couple tablespoons of habanero garlic hot sauce in it.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I guess I just don't get how not liking dark meat means I must be pasty white and like bland food, when I don't like bland food... and you did a poor job explaining it :p

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I guess I just don't get how not liking dark meat means I must be pasty white and like bland food, when I don't like bland food... and you did a poor job explaining it :p

joke
noun

\ ˈjōk \
Definition of joke

(1a): Something said or done to provoke laughter especially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist
(b): The humorous or ridiculous element in something

(2): An instance of jesting : Kidding, can't take a joke

(3) Something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter

(Merriam-Webster)

Better? ;)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
joke
noun

\ ˈjōk \
Definition of joke

(1a): Something said or done to provoke laughter especially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist
(b): The humorous or ridiculous element in something

(2): An instance of jesting : Kidding, can't take a joke

(3) Something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter

(Merriam-Webster)

Better? ;)
Hey, sometimes you gotta spell these things out for autistic people :p

I still take issue with sdifox's assessment based solely on this single data point though
7G3zITG.png

Reactions: Captante

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Hey, sometimes you gotta spell these things out for autistic people :p

I still take issue with sdifox's assessment based solely on this single data point though
7G3zITG.png

Pretty much the only people that prefer white chicken meat is white people xd.

Reactions: Captante