Might have to chang out motherboards

Nov 26, 2005
I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 when it first was an option. I'm in the midst of getting my system stable and I'm thinking of swapping out my EVGA X58 board for a Gigabyte X58 UD7 rev2. Will I have to reinstall windows 7 and the upgrade to 10 again? What will I have to do?

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Also now, you many not even need to talk to the robot to do the phone activation. they now give you an option to sms as website address to do the activation there. I did two Win7 reactivation that way

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah you can do it via your cell phone, call the number displayed in the slui 4 executable, tell it to send you a text, receive the text and go to the link and punch in the numbers on the webpage in there. If that doesn't work, then you click "call me back" and get a phone call and get connected to some guy from India with broken English (as a last resort).

Nov 26, 2005
Ok. I'm having more luck with my old PSU and getting my system stable vs the new PSU. I'll definitely save this thread for in the future. I'm thinking of returning the new PSU but if I do change out the EVGA Classified for my other X58 board I'll definitely know how to. I thought it would be more complicated than that. I thought I would of had to wipe out my SSD drive, reinstall Windows 7, and then upgrade to Windows 10 again. This seems much easier.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I've saved the sms number when I was doing mine and after the first machine could just start the process with any calls required.