And the boy was something that mommy wouldn't wear
King Jeremy the wicked
Ruled his world

Jeremy spoke in class today
Try to forget this...
Try to erase this...
From the blackboard.

It's sad that kids so young don't realize how unimportant the BS at this point in their life is and how easy it is to start anew.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
This is all I keep thinking about.

At home
Drawing pictures
Of mountain tops
With him on top
Lemon yellow sun
Arms raised in a V
Dead lay in pools of maroon below

Daddy didn't give attention
To the fact that mommy didn't care
King Jeremy the wicked
Ruled his world

Clearly I remember
Pickin' on the boy
Seemed a harmless little fuck
But we unleashed a lion
Gnashed his teeth
And bit the recess lady's breast

How could I forget
He hit me with a surprise left
My jaw left hurting
Dropped wide open
Just like the day
Like the day I heard

Daddy didn't give affection
And the boy was something that mommy wouldn't wear
King Jeremy the wicked
Ruled his world

Try to forget this...
Try to erase this...
From the blackboard.

It's sad that kids so young don't realize how unimportant the BS at this point in their life is and how easy it is to start anew.
First thing I thought of, too. Sad.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Not arguing for legal gun control here, but for crying out loud, parents need to keep their guns locked away from their young children. If he was 13, it's very unlikely he got this gun from anywhere else other than his parents.

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
You never know how much you are affecting somebody by being rude and nasty..people slam these people for not being tough enough to solve their own problems..but, you REALLY don't know the torment of living depressed. You just don't, don't pretend like you know exactly what you would do if you were in the other person's shoes.

I had a cousin that blew himself away a few years ago. He was very smart and seemed to be happy according to everyone who knew him, but he was not. On the day he killed himself, he tried to reach out to his mother, both through verbal and written communication. She did not pay attention to him, so he simply left another note saying "Im sorry, I tried". He went into his room and shot himself in the head.

I will never understand what it was like for him to wake up everyday and live in this world...and I won't just him for taking the easy way out.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
He is dead because of me. I wasn't there to help him understand his self hate and I'm the only one I know who knows what ailed him.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Not arguing for legal gun control here, but for crying out loud, parents need to keep their guns locked away from their young children. If he was 13, it's very unlikely he got this gun from anywhere else other than his parents.

First time I saw a gun in the wild was 7th grade, some kid sold it to another in the bathroom in between classes, I imagine it's much easier nowadays to get a hold of one.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Being forced into a torturous environment breaks people. Stop and spend some time with your children to figure out where they fit in and how they handle it. This is the price of not knowing, of not being involved.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Being forced into a torturous environment breaks people. Stop and spend some time with your children to figure out where they fit in and how they handle it. This is the price of not knowing, of not being involved.

+1 great post.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
First time I saw a gun in the wild was 7th grade, some kid sold it to another in the bathroom in between classes, I imagine it's much easier nowadays to get a hold of one.

It's possible, and if so, then obviously my remark is moot. I still think the greater likelihood here is that this was his parents' gun. If so, I can't imagine the guilt they must be feeling.

It isn't like the unavailability of one method of suicide means the person would just use another. That isn't actually the case. Guns appeal to people attempting suicide who actually want to follow through on it, as opposed to those who are just crying for help (who tend to use pills.) They also appeal to those who can't stomach the idea of a painful death.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Shocking tbh, I'm very curious if we'll ever find out why he did it. Condolences to the family, that's a young age to do that act.

If I had to go through our current school system, I would probably kill myself as well.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
An 8 year old kid in Detroit jumped from his high rise apartment to avoid punishment by his Christian caretakers (I said parents earlier, I mean "relatives"). The story is that he had stolen a pack of water balloons from the store and his sister threatened to tell their caretakers and she did. He got upset/scared/I don't know and jumped off of the patio to his death. It was such a sick thing to hear about because a woman was reading underneath a tree when his body smashed into the ground right in her face. She said it was horrifying.

After the incident, there was an investigation into his household to see if they could make sense of why a boy would rather commit suicide than face punishment from his parents.

I need to see if there is a follow-up on that story.

*for the sake of the use of the religion of his caretakers, I highlighted their religion because when the story originally broke, his family spoke out and said they were a strict religious family and that the child had some issues.

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Wow SheHateMe that is a crazy story, if you find out anything please share.

Yep, I am following up now, this happened back in July and I image the story probably has changed since.

9-year-old's fall from high-rise is ruled a suicide

This is an "update" I was able to track down. It gives a little more insight on what happened between the brother and sister, however. When everyone first heard the story,they did not tell you what he was afraid of.

Another update says that in addition to the sister threatening to "spank" him when they got home..she also put him on the phone with another relative that spoke to the boy. After he got off the phone, she said he ran into his room and shut the door. She then said she walked over to a window and saw him on the ground below.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.