Microsoft Teams use question

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I work at a very large firm with thousand of employees and I have 15-25 MS Teams meeting calls per week. Some are recurring meetings, others are one-time meetings. My Teams is a flipping mess it has so many chat logs and so much content and groups etc. What I noticed is that nobody creates Teams channels for separate projects. All of the internal project chat just goes into the chat log of the recurring Teams meeting. I can never find anything I have so many projects going on. I think its a better practice to create separate teams channels for each project rather than using the meeting invite chat to have discussions. Does anyone here have tips for keeping Teams organized?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Channels work very well for the use you describe. Also, hiding less used teams is a good idea.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
We create teams for specific projects, specific groups, and any other use case. At some point though, too many teams channels can become their own clutter. I have 14 teams channels I'm in now, only one or two of which I use actively. Many of the others are just "storage" for materials or have become orphaned as people leave the company.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I feel like Teams in general is a cluttered mess. And Crom help you if you want to search for something...

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Given Teams is the replacement for Skype I am happy to put with a lot of "flaws". Channels definitely helps. Just start creating them as you deem appropriate and use them. I think once folks figure it out they will follow.