Microsoft Lifetime Mouse Warranty Where?

LucJoe

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2001
I remember seeing a hot deal thread that details what people could do to get their MS mice replaced if they break. Even though it seemed like a highly abusable system, I really hope it's still around now because mine just bit the dust..

But I can't find the thread on HD at all, was it deleted?? Anyone know where it is?

LucJoe

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2001
1/ Acquire underpants.
2/ ...
3/ Profit!

Seriously tho.. i know the rough outline of what i need to do, i was just looking for the thread with all the number and stuff.
I remember reading that I have to fax the bottom of my mouse to them or something?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
does logitech do that? i have a wheel mouse optical that just broke. been useing a crappy ms mouse

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
1) Call Microsoft
2) "My mouse broke"
3) Read serial number
4) ...
5) New mouse!

- M4H

this doesn't work anymore

1. call ms
2. my house broke
3. get a fax #
4. copy your mouse
5. fax to ms with the copy of your mouse, addy, email, etc.
6. new mouse!

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy
does logitech do that? i have a wheel mouse optical that just broke. been using a crappy ms mouse
Almost. I just had a Logitech MX500 replaced a few days ago. Unfortunately you'll have to call Logitech's supprt line which is NOT toll-free and is located in Las Vegas. The system is the same though - tell the rep your problem, read him your mouse serial number and they dispatch a new one to you free of charge.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: yllus
does logitech do that? i have a wheel mouse optical that just broke. been using a crappy ms mouse
Almost. I just had a Logitech MX500 replaced a few days ago. Unfortunately you'll have to call Logitech's supprt line which is NOT toll-free and is located in Las Vegas. The system is the same though - tell the rep your problem, read him your mouse serial number and they dispatch a new one to you free of charge.

wohoo! now just hope it works. hate to spend onother $50 on a mouse. heh

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001

as long as it ain't a 900 number :p and if u have a friend who has cell phone plan with some nationwide long distance minutes... that should take care of ur worries for long distance charges.

LucJoe

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2001
So does anyone know the number to call at microsoft? I can't find it on their website.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Originally posted by: DaWhim
1) Call Microsoft
2) "My mouse broke"
3) Read serial number
4) ...
5) New mouse!

- M4H

1. call ms
2. my house broke
3. get a fax #
4. copy your mouse
6. new mouse!

My house is broke and while a new mouse won't fix it it would be nice to have:)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: spanky

as long as it ain't a 900 number :p and if u have a friend who has cell phone plan with some nationwide long distance minutes... that should take care of ur worries for long distance charges.

heh im a retard! i tried calling them and its saturday duh!

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: tm37
Originally posted by: DaWhim
1) Call Microsoft
2) "My mouse broke"
3) Read serial number
4) ...
5) New mouse!

- M4H

1. call ms
2. my house broke
3. get a fax #
4. copy your mouse
6. new mouse!

My house is broke and while a new mouse won't fix it it would be nice to have:)

Maybe with a broke house they will feel sorry for your and give you 2? :confused:

LucJoe

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2001
TTT for the late crowd.

Anyone know this number? Or where that thread went? I still can't find it on MS's site.