Question Microsoft Edge and it's continual suggestions

Nov 26, 2005
My MS Edge is trying to get me to add Youtube and some other site to the favorites or whatever on close-down.

Seems every other month I have to comb through my settings to make sure shit like this isn't happening aside from making sure the stupid MS Edge search bar is still set to disabled in registry
here in case anyone needs this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]
"WebWidgetAllowed"=dword:00000000

So I'm asking is there something to disable these suggestions?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
My MS Edge is trying to get me to add Youtube and some other site to the favorites or whatever on close-down.

Seems every other month I have to comb through my settings to make sure shit like this isn't happening aside from making sure the stupid MS Edge search bar is still set to disabled in registry

I mean the easiest answer would be not to use Edge!

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

I second @WelshBloke 's suggestion because the problem simply is that you're trying to subvert the will of Microsoft and they're getting increasingly pushy. There's not going to be a setting that says "stop pushing this ****" because that would stop MS doing what they want to do.

I don't bother even trying to remove MS Edge from Win10/11 because (at least on 11) I would put a strong bet that MS will reinstall it say when the next feature update is installed or whenever really. Well, maybe I would on my own computer, just like on my Win10 gaming install I have to tell Windows to dismiss the warnings in Windows Defender so it doesn't try to upload anything it feels like from my computer, and I have to do that EVERY FREAKING MONTH.