Microsoft asks - how many push-ups can Chuck Norris do?

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
At 3:08

If this is the future of gaming, it's pretty cool, but I think I still need some tactile feel when gaming.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
It's a good idea for not having to use a remote to play movies and stuff, but using your whole body to "be the character" would get silly kind of fast. I would feel like a retard moving around like a monster. And it's up to the programmers to actually make the motion stuff work well with the game movements. There were lot of wii games that sucked because of bad motion detection.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante
It's a good idea for not having to use a remote to play movies and stuff, but using your whole body to "be the character" would get silly kind of fast. I would feel like a retard moving around like a monster. And it's up to the programmers to actually make the motion stuff work well with the game movements. There were lot of wii games that sucked because of bad motion detection.

That could be a hell of a workout though. Imagine playing UT with full motion control, and you have to physically do everything to make your avatar move. With a heavyish accessory gun to use, it would be a formidable workout.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: lxskllr

That could be a hell of a workout though. Imagine playing UT with full motion control, and you have to physically do everything to make your avatar move. With a heavyish accessory gun to use, it would be a formidable workout.

You can do the same with a Wii. Just put weights on your arms.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: zerocool84

I've never played with the wii. Does it do simultaneous leg and arm movements?

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006

But it would have terribly shitty graphics... :p And no it doesn't do full body shit.

JasonCoder

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2005

I've never played with the wii. Does it do simultaneous leg and arm movements?

Best you can get right now (which ain't bad) is the wiimote + nunchuck along with the wii board. Don't know if you can use them simultaneously but the wiiboard isn't bad in determining a lot of your body's motion.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
The skating game looks fun. I can absolutely guarantee I would break something playing the soccer game.

I think they were all simulated... not real games.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Honestly, I don't like the idea of most of that. Its way to gimmicky. When I'm playign soccer a little motion kick is hardly going to simulate accurately what that kick would look like in real life. Agh, I could see a few games where this would work, most it woudl be stupid.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Some stuff looked cool, though gimmicky. The concept of the racing game looked pretty dumb, IMO. Stuff like the fighting game and the soccer game were cool, but I think it all seems too ideal in the presentation. How do you move your character? Run / walk in place? What about games where you can't do the moves in real life, i.e. if the character on screen has the ability to flip / handstand or something crazy, how do you go about that? Other stuff which seems to idea, simplified, the scanning of external objects like that skateboard, there's no way that once something like this hits the market will you be able to just say "scan" and boom, whatever you're holding is in the game. New stuff is always cool, but I think the applications are pretty limited for the time being.

insect9

Jun 19, 2004
One step closer to a holodeck...

Looks neat, but I wonder how well this will actually work.

Sea Moose

Diamond Member
May 12, 2009
Originally posted by: tranceport
When Chuck Norris does push ups ripples are sent through the earths crust.

Chuck Norris has not yet stopped doing push ups.

this... this is why the Earth rotates on an offset axis. Chuck Norris gave us the seasons.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
If this is the future of games, then count me out.

I'd rather have a controller so I can just sit back, chill on the couch and play some FPS.

Not run around my living room like an idiot.