Microsoft activation center`

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Anyone have the toll free number? I have an XP pro key that isnt working. It was used on the same machine before i reformatted, not it says its invalid.

Also if anyone has info on xp corporate edition, like what it is, what the benefits are, and if i can buy it, please let me know.

Thanks

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
If you are having problems with the key then you need to call MS Support for Windows XP, not the activation number. You can find that number on the MS site quickly on your own.

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
seems like they charge you...maybe im reading it wrong.

plus if you go looking for activation help, it says to specifically call the activation center.

you could find that very easily on your own too.

I feel like Jeff Daniels in Dumb and Dumber, "Just give me the DAMN number!!"

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Last time I had a problem with activation the phone number showed up on the screen. I don't know why you're not getting a phone number.

edmicman

Golden Member
May 30, 2001
when you punch in the key and it doesn't let you activate it online, doesn't it give you the number right there to call and talk to someone? i'm running into the same problem with an academic version of xp pro I'm trying to install, too.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Originally posted by: edmicman
when you punch in the key and it doesn't let you activate it online, doesn't it give you the number right there to call and talk to someone? i'm running into the same problem with an academic version of xp pro I'm trying to install, too.

Yes it's supposed to give you the phone number. Happened to me like a year ago. It also gives you some code to give to the person over the phone I think.

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
i enter the code in the spaces, and it says the code is invaild. Thats all i get, and it wants me to enter a different key.

I know the screen you're talking about, i dont even get to that one. I bought this key brand new, and it worked fine. Now i reformat and its invalid.

Johnnie

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
May 28, 2000
try the corp key :)

one prob might me you are trying an OEM key with a retail disk or vise versa.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: UDT89
i enter the code in the spaces, and it says the code is invaild. Thats all i get, and it wants me to enter a different key.

I know the screen you're talking about, i dont even get to that one. I bought this key brand new, and it worked fine. Now i reformat and its invalid.

Are you trying to re-use the code they gave you over the phone?

Viper GTS

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
More than likely if it says it's invalid you are typing it in wrong. B's look like 8's O's look like 0's and l's look like 1's so I suggest you go through and make sure you are POSTITIVE on each letter before you type it in.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

Are you using the CD Key that came on the CD sleeve with your legit copy of Windows XP?

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
im using the key code from the sticker that i took off the license i bought and stuck to my case.

i dont have a corp key, i was asking how one would obtain one.

will triple check the key again when i get home.

Matt

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
im using the key code from the sticker that i took off the license i bought and stuck to my case.

Matt

You don't obtain a corporate key. You obtain a corporate install disk that was compiled without the stupid registration section.

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt

Matt

You don't obtain a corporate key. You obtain a corporate install disk that was compiled without the stupid registration section.

Ok so how do i obtain an install disk?

spartan

Oct 9, 1999

Legally: I don't think you can unless you're running a business with lots of computers.

Illegally: I can't say. The mods are watching....

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: spartan

Legally: I don't think you can unless you're running a business with lots of computers.

Illegally: I can't say. The mods are watching....

hehe so its like that huh..............