Microcentre core i7 920 $199

x2 3600 rules sazakky

May 11, 2007
This is gonna sound dumb, but I was wondering if a trustworthy member on these forum would be able to purchase a i7 for me and ship it to me in Australia. I mean, the $199 price tag is really unattainable here in Australia, thr minimum is around $400.

I can pay via paypal or wore transfer and a little extra if needed

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
Perhaps we should start an "AT mail-order service" for the Microcenter/Fry's in-store only deals.

I live in the US but nowhere near these stores - so I cannot get these prices either.

Axon

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2003
X2, you should detail what you believe it would cost to ship to Australia. I'd imagine it's going to cost a pretty penny.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Axon
X2, you should detail what you believe it would cost to ship to Australia. I'd imagine it's going to cost a pretty penny.

Shipping just the CPU can be done safely in a padded envelope
- i do it regularly in a $4.95 USPS Priority Flat rate envelope [or small flat-rate box; which is also available for international mailing
---Just don't bother sending the retail HS/Fan
:D

One note that makes it SO not worth it:
- in Australia you will pay some HUGE *import costs*
i.e. the import costs can be over $100 on a $200 item .. so unless you have a Brother in the USA who will send you a 'used' one, i'd say forget it
rose.gif

Axon

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2003
That cheap huh? Maybe your business model has merit, Denithor.

Any other way to circumvent the import cost?

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
Let's see here:

1) Start an mail-order company shipping CPUs around the globe.

2) ????

3) Profit.

Alternatively

3) Go to jail for mail fraud.

Personally I prefer the first or maybe not starting at all. The idea of a roomate who calls himself Big Bubba just doesn't appeal.

Nov 26, 2005
Where ever your verified paypal address is, that is the ONLY place i'd send you mine. The rest would be ALL you after that.