Microcenter price matching effectively dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sohaltang

Apr 13, 2013
Had full cart of products for a computer build today. Only wanted a 95$ price match on a 100$ case. Sales guy says sure and then pulls up the website and ADDS next day shipping. I ask him why, shipping was free from newegg. He said due to a policy change 3 weeks ago all price match must include next day shipping since "you getting the item today". Next days shipping was like 35$ so basically no price match. I went to the front to ask a manager if this was a real change in policy. He confirmed corporate had instructed them to add next day shipping to all price matches. Said they were losing money and he apologized. I left a full 1500$ buggy at the front and drove to Frys where they match micro enters processor/mobo price and all the other online prices. Yes I wasted time but I won't be back to MC.

The only deals they have now are the CPU/MB combos and other places will match. This new policy effecitivly ends their price match policy as 30+$ next day shipping on small items if not worth it. I guess even on a TV next day would be 200$ so unless it was a hot hot deal your better ordering online. Plus you would likely save the taxes. Sucks. MC lost a lifetime customer over 5$ price match today

Thanks for the update. Locked, since it isn't really a hot deal, but I'll leave it in here, since it's probably of general interest to those in this forum. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

Sohaltang

Apr 13, 2013
Welcome to move it to right place. The microcenter price match is often spoke of here. Figured it would be a good FYI. Sorry

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
I know not everyone has a MC near them but often news of store policies are posted in the Hot Deals forum. I have no problem with this news being posted here as a warning of policy changes that can cost consumers time and money.

Net Prowler

May 15, 2013
im fine with it being here, thanks for the heads up. i hope frys doesnt do the same thing, but based on some of the policies that the higher ups have come up with, i wouldnt be surprised. just a heads up.

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
Just buy the parts where the are cheapest, not sure what the big deal is. MC's price match was always YMMV and they only explicitly stated for CPUs and mobos I believe. GPUs, RAM, storage were almost always no dice.

I appreciate MC for what it is, a place to get something quickly and conveniently, and a place I can pick up super cheap CPU and mobos combos every few years when I upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.