Micro$oft endangers businesses and national security!!

IBuyUFO

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ed Black, the CEO and president of CCIA, whose members include Microsoft competitors such as Sun and Oracle, was even more blunt. "Microsoft's monopoly threatens consumers in a number of ways," he said. "It's clear it is now also a threat to our security, our safety, and even our national security."

sounds like a pretty biased study to me especially when members of the CCIA belong to such companies as sun and oracle who are out to get microsoft.
If I had a choice between using the latest sun OS or windows 3.1 I'd take 3.1 cause sun sux. :) I use java applications at work and tell me why in the world does java need to take up 187 megs of ram for 1 freaking program?

GroundZero

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: IBuyUFO
Ed Black, the CEO and president of CCIA, whose members include Microsoft competitors such as Sun and Oracle, was even more blunt. "Microsoft's monopoly threatens consumers in a number of ways," he said. "It's clear it is now also a threat to our security, our safety, and even our national security."

sounds like a pretty biased study to me especially when members of the CCIA belong to such companies as sun and oracle who are out to get microsoft.
If I had a choice between using the latest sun OS or windows 3.1 I'd take 3.1 cause sun sux. :) I use java applications at work and tell me why in the world does java need to take up 187 megs of ram for 1 freaking program?

have to agree with alot of it though, m$ does have huge security flaws, how many critical updates and patches have they released this year alone.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001

187 megs? Sounds like crappy programmers to me.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: GroundZero

have to agree with alot of it though, m$ does have huge security flaws, how many critical updates and patches have they released this year alone.

at least they're patching it

it'd be a grave concern if they didn't give a damn

seriously, there's no way around it, as secure as you get it people are gonna find ways to break it

clarkmo

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2000

Sounds like Acrobat reader

IBuyUFO

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I swear java and oracle make me so mad! Do they actually think java is the only process I have running in my machine at work?