Micro Center 20% off Sale!

Aries64

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2004
Hello people!

Another posted a thread about Micro Center's 20% Off Sale a couple of days ago, but I thought I would mention that the sale prices are NOT THROUGHTOUT THE STORE. Sale pricing applies only to selected merchandise.

The good news is that if you are looking for an X800 XT AGP card the 20% DOES apply to the Visiontek lineup. So, with a regular price of $499.99 20% off gives you an effective price of $400.00. That's a whopper of a deal for this card, which comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty from Visiontek.

I was down at Micro Center with my brother yesterday afternoon and talked my brother into returning his ATI X800 Pro he paid $380.00 for (really a no-brainer) at Comp USA. He lucked-out that Comp USA's normal defective-only 30 return policy was changed to a "non-defective OK" return policy for holiday sales and that he had until tomorrow to return the X800 Pro. He returned the X800 Pro and Comp USA and then bought the Xtasy X800 XT at Micro Center this morning.

That Xtasy X800 XT for $400.00 is a smokin' deal!

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Aries64
Hello people!

Another posted a thread about Micro Center's 20% Off Sale a couple of days ago, but I thought I would mention that the sale prices are NOT THROUGHTOUT THE STORE. Sale pricing applies only to selected merchandise.

Hmmm, why not post this in that thread then, since its related to that sale and there you have the attention of the people interested in it already? ;)

BentValve

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2001
Yeah at least do something to make this thread worthwhile like posting some links or something. I mean if you have time to post a fvcking thread then do it right.

The X800XT is not even listed any longer as far as I can tell, neither is the 6800 GT.

6800 Ultra $439.99

tr1kstanc3

Sep 25, 2001
I went to my local Microcenter in Fairfax, Virginia. They have 6 in stock. Actually, they have 5 now =P

Aries64

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2004
Hmmm, why not post this in that thread then, since its related to that sale and there you have the attention of the people interested in it already?
(1) Because that post only mentioned the 20% Off Sale. I'm posting about a HOT DEAL, which the X800 XT is at $400.00.

I should have posted the Micro Center link, but I forgot. At the same time I suppose its' too difficult for simple minds to type in a search for "micro center" in any browser. You can purchase online or visit one of their 20 stores if you happen to live in an area where they have a store.

BTW, Micro Center does not have the Xtasy X800 XT on their web site. Heres' the link to Micro Center:

http://www.microcenter.com/

Yeah at least do something to make this thread worthwhile like posting some links or something. I mean if you have time to post a fvcking thread then do it right.
I suppose its' too difficult for simple minds to type in a search for "micro center" in any browser.

The X800XT is not even listed any longer as far as I can tell, neither is the 6800 GT.
Yes. The Xtasy IS NOT listed on Micro Center's web site, but the store where I saw them had eight in stock (before my brother bought his). Besides, unless its a small Mom N' Pop store an online store will NEVER list everything they have in inventory online. It is unmanagable and logistically impossible to keep everything up to date.

I went to my local Microcenter in Fairfax, Virginia. They have 6 in stock. Actually, they have 5 now =P
At least there is one smart reader who knows a good deal and has something positive to post instead of childishly crapping in a post for no good reason.