Micro ATX Socket A That Will OVERCLOCK?

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
Anybody seen availability or press release of a Micro ATX Socket A Motherboard that will allow Multiplier adjustment?

blammo22

Aug 6, 2000
I haven't heard of any... and trust me, I looked. For the machine that I built for my dad, I ended up getting a Gigabyte GA7ZM first, but had a weird problem where it wouldn't boot sometimes. Eventually picked up a MSI K7TM (6340) - this was much more stable and worked great (even on a wimpy 145W PSU). Currently running a Duron 600 on it. The MSI is my recommendation for best micro-atx Socket A board out there (they seem to be making the best Socket A boards, period...)

(I currently have the Gigabyte board in a different case now running a Tbird 700. It works fine - I think maybe it was getting a short in the original micro-atx case that I put it in. Still like the MSI board better, though...)

NordicNINE

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2000
www.heatware.com
I just read at a few places that a Japanese company is making an adapter that sits between the socket and cpu that will allow multiplier overrides on boards that don't have it.

I'm still trying to debate if getting a microATX case/motherboard for a LAN Party setup is worth getting a non-KT133A board or not.