Michigan secretary of state says armed protesters gathered outside her home

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
More republican shitstainery.

Benson needs to hire these two to protect their home.
St.LouisCouple.jpg

Reactions: hal2kilo
Jul 9, 2009
Videos? photos? audio recordings? Maybe even a recording of her 911 call.
Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Even so armed doesn't mean violent.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Only a moron thinks there is no violent intent showing up armed to a peaceful protest. "I think you are a threat to democracy and I'm going to show up to your house with my loaded gun."
I've just realised that they are a bunch of Karens that have never had to take no for an answer before and are absolutely unable to cope with not getting their way!

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Videos? photos? audio recordings? Maybe even a recording of her 911 call.
Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Even so armed doesn't mean violent.

Here's a more detailed article with substantiating links.

“She’s decided to completely ignore all of the credible, credible, fraudulent evidence that has been continually pointed out,” demonstrator Genevieve Peters said of Benson, as she live-streamed the protest in Detroit on Facebook. “We’re out here in front of the secretary of state’s house and we want her to know we will continue to be here.”

Although the group dispersed with no arrests when police responded just before 10 p.m. Saturday, Michigan state officials accused the group of “terrorizing” Benson’s family.

“They shouted baseless conspiracy theories about the election, and in videos uploaded to social media, at least one individual could be heard shouting ‘you’re murderers’ within earshot of her child’s bedroom,” Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel (D) and Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy (D) said in a joint statement on Sunday. “This mob-like behavior is an affront to basic morality and decency.”

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I saw the armed guy on her front porch, is that the one you mean?

Dec. 7th, 1941: a mostly peaceful flyover by Japan over Pearl Harbor.
So I guess there was a judge in one of the numerous Trump lawsuits that thought any piece of his evidence was legit?

laughing-emoji.gif

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I saw the armed guy on her front porch, is that the one you mean?

Dec. 7th, 1941: a mostly peaceful flyover by Japan over Pearl Harbor.

You have better eyes than I do (cataracts suck in the dark). I can't tell if the person at the front door is armed or not but I'll take your word for it. I would speculate that the guard is a LEO and not just a plain security guard since she is being protected because of her government role and the election chaos created by trump.

This is one of the sub links from my link above.
DETROIT, MI - About 20-30 protesters, some open-carrying guns, gathered outside Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson’s home Saturday night to challenge President-elect Joe Biden’s win in Michigan, police said.

Officers responded to a public disturbance around 9:50 p.m., Dec. 5 outside of Benson’s Detroit residence, said the Michigan State Police. Some of the protesters carried weapons, police said, and the crowd dispersed once officers arrived. No protesters were arrested, police said. Detroit police were called to the scene, as well.

Jul 9, 2009
I think protests, armed or not, should focus on public spaces and public buildings. Not private homes.
I agree with all my heart. This kind of behavior, even though allowed by the 1st Amendment has no place in a civilized society. To bring a protest to an individuals home where their family lives in inexcusable.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
I agree with all my heart. This kind of behavior, even though allowed by the 1st Amendment has no place in a civilized society. To bring a protest to an individuals home where their family lives in inexcusable.
You literally just implied it was no big deal a few posts up.

So your response.
They shouldn't
They aren't threatening
Well, they are, but aren't armed
Well at least they didn't shoot her...

This is criminal menacing and they should face felonies.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
This is absolutely not a 1st Amendment right.

Reactions: DarthKyrie