Michigan Democrat charged with felony vote fraud

Jul 9, 2009

"Sherikia Hawkins was charged Monday with six felony counts for allegedly altering absentee ballots during the November 2018 election in her capacity as city clerk for the Detroit suburb of Southfield, Mich.

"Hawkins, a 38-year-old registered Democrat, stands accused of altering 193 absentee ballots. She was arraigned Monday in Southfield on charges including falsifying returns or records, forgery of a public record, misconduct in office, and multiple counts of using a computer to commit a crime. She was released on $15,000 bond.
............................"
The Michigan Democratic party honored Hawkins this year with the prestigious Dingell/Levin award at its annual Legacy Dinner in Detroit, and she was included in the Michigan Chronicle‘s “40 under 40” list in 2017.

Hawkins, who has overseen a total of 16 elections in Oakland County, began working in government in 2010 as deputy city clerk for the city of Pontiac, according to her LinkedIn profile. She was serving as the Pontiac city clerk when Democrat Gary Peters won a very tight congressional race against Republican Rocky Raczkowski in the state’s ninth congressional district in November 2010"

The alleged misconduct was discovered after the Oakland County Clerk’s Office noticed that 193 voter files had been changed to reflect that the voters failed to include a valid signature or return date, when all of the implicated voters had in fact included both items. The county clerk’s office later discovered the original voter files in the trash at the election-division office. The Michigan State Police then launched an investigation that resulted in Hawkins’s arrest."

Every time they look for it, they find it. More vote fraud and illegal misconduct by Democrats.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
If true, she should certainly go to jail. The careful observer will note, however, that this does bear one striking similarity to all of the cases of Republican voter fraud we've read about - voter ID laws wouldn't have actually had any impact here.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This forum only cares if she is a white Republican. Otherwise, anything goes.

I'm just here for the token "I care, she should go to jail!" comments from certain posters. I see one already!

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

I'm just here for the token "I care, she should go to jail!" comments from certain posters. I see one already!

You can do a self righteous snit better than that.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

Poor white republicans.

Stfu chud.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Self-policing the right way, unlike the absence of it when Repub controlled districts are involved. In their case, it's the "liberal fake media" that's doing their policing for them.

She pays her debt society and it's all good.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
It would seem like a no brained to secure the accuracy and fairness of our elections. Voter ID is one step, secure voting booths another, and I’m sure tons of other ways.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
It would seem like a no brained to secure the accuracy and fairness of our elections. Voter ID is one step, secure voting booths another, and I’m sure tons of other ways.

But these things aren't insecure and yet there are mountains of evidence that exact match laws, etc. keep eligible voters from voting in ways that are racially inequitable.

How about offering some intervention for the thing that has proven insecure and meaningful in local elections: absentee ballots.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

"Sherikia Hawkins was charged Monday with six felony counts for allegedly altering absentee ballots during the November 2018 election in her capacity as city clerk for the Detroit suburb of Southfield, Mich.

"Hawkins, a 38-year-old registered Democrat, stands accused of altering 193 absentee ballots. She was arraigned Monday in Southfield on charges including falsifying returns or records, forgery of a public record, misconduct in office, and multiple counts of using a computer to commit a crime. She was released on $15,000 bond.
............................"
The Michigan Democratic party honored Hawkins this year with the prestigious Dingell/Levin award at its annual Legacy Dinner in Detroit, and she was included in the Michigan Chronicle‘s “40 under 40” list in 2017.

Hawkins, who has overseen a total of 16 elections in Oakland County, began working in government in 2010 as deputy city clerk for the city of Pontiac, according to her LinkedIn profile. She was serving as the Pontiac city clerk when Democrat Gary Peters won a very tight congressional race against Republican Rocky Raczkowski in the state’s ninth congressional district in November 2010"

The alleged misconduct was discovered after the Oakland County Clerk’s Office noticed that 193 voter files had been changed to reflect that the voters failed to include a valid signature or return date, when all of the implicated voters had in fact included both items. The county clerk’s office later discovered the original voter files in the trash at the election-division office. The Michigan State Police then launched an investigation that resulted in Hawkins’s arrest."

Every time they look for it, they find it. More vote fraud and illegal misconduct by Democrats.

What ever happens with that voter fraud commission Trump setup?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Weird how the only time in recent memory that an incident like this occurred, it was that Republican in NC, but yet the OP is claiming (without any proof of course) that Dems are getting busted for this all the time.
Maybe the OP and his alts didn't lie so often, others might take him more seriously.

Reactions: thraashman
Jul 9, 2009
Weird how the only time in recent memory that an incident like this occurred, it was that Republican in NC, but yet the OP is claiming (without any proof of course) that Dems are getting busted for this all the time.
Maybe the OP and his alts didn't lie so often, others might take him more seriously.
Here you go son, look them up for yourself.

I'm glad i could help you.

Reactions: SlowSpyder
Jul 9, 2009
He think we will react like he does when it turns out that it's a Republican doing the fraud, that is, completely ignore it and deflect.

Thread backfire.
This thread specifically points out to an award winning Democrat.......so no thread backfire and it's just another lie by you about a topic. Do you ever get tired of lying? You should be.

Jul 9, 2009
What ever happens with that voter fraud commission Trump setup?
I think he discontinued it. I wish he hadn't since vote fraud is so obviously prevalent in some parts of the country. Maybe you can write him a letter or sign a petition for more honesty and integrity in elections?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Throw the book at her. Let’s figure out how to secure absentee ballots and vote by mail while we’re at it.

Reactions: TheVrolok