Michael Phelps steps aside so teammate can swim in 400-meter medley relay

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

booger711

Platinum Member
Jun 15, 2004
Originally posted by: desiplaya4life
really first when i saw his face,, i thought he looks like a dork

but when i see that what kind of big heart he has for his teammate, i feel proud and honored to have him as one of my idol or a good role model to remind myself of humanity and good judgement.. really i mean would YOU give up a chance to beat Spitz if u were in his spot? yea tough to answer!

all in all bravo.. i hope crocker does let him down or USA;) we'll see tomm

why do you want to see corcker let him down?

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: CTrain
He would have gotten 7 golds if Ian Crocker didn't swim like a turtle in the 4x100 relay.
They finished about a second behind the gold winner and Crocker was like 2 seconds behind after the first leg.
Exactly. Fault the coach for picking the sick Crocker to swim the relay final instead of the manic Hall Jr. though.

desiplaya4life

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2004
Originally posted by: booger711

but when i see that what kind of big heart he has for his teammate, i feel proud and honored to have him as one of my idol or a good role model to remind myself of humanity and good judgement.. really i mean would YOU give up a chance to beat Spitz if u were in his spot? yea tough to answer!

fixed;)

booger711

Platinum Member
Jun 15, 2004
Originally posted by: booger711

fixed;)

ohh Not let him down gotcha

Chebago

Apr 10, 2004
marcyes.com
the guy already has like 5 gold medals, the other guy doesn't have any, I can see why he did it and I think that's pretty tight of him, I know I could never be in the olympics as I was analyzing my personality and realized that if I won a gold medal, i would purposely come in second the next race to get a silver and then third to get a bronze, just so I could have the complete set.

athithi

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Chebago
the guy already has like 5 gold medals, the other guy doesn't have any, I can see why he did it and I think that's pretty tight of him, I know I could never be in the olympics as I was analyzing my personality and realized that if I won a gold medal, i would purposely come in second the next race to get a silver and then third to get a bronze, just so I could have the complete set.

:laugh: Martha Stewart would approve, I'm sure....