Michael Phelps steps aside so teammate can swim in 400-meter medley relay

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
i hate these sites that make you sign up, for that reason latimes is on my sh!t list as well.

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
He would have gotten 7 golds if Ian Crocker didn't swim like a turtle in the 4x100 relay.
They finished about a second behind the gold winner and Crocker was like 2 seconds behind after the first leg.

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000
Originally posted by: kermalou
i hate these sites that make you sign up, for that reason latimes is on my sh!t list as well.

BugMeNot: Use this site to get a login/password for sites that require registration.

villager

Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: booger711
if the relay team wins a gold, phelps still get that one too

Wasn't Hall bumped from a relay team for Phelps? I think he is just trying to make up for something he probably did not fully like.

EMPshockwave82

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: booger711
if the relay team wins a gold, phelps still get that one too

exactly right... everyone who swam the event (including qualifying rounds)(only at the olympics) wins the same medal as the teamates who swam the event in the big show

the womens team has been doing a lot of this... he's just being a good teamate and a good guy all around

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Anyone see Gary Hall Jr.'s comments after he won the 50m? They asked him about him being left out of the previous relay - you could tell he really chose his words carefully, and at the same time, let it be known he was pissed off that he was left out.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Anyone see Gary Hall Jr.'s comments after he won the 50m? They asked him about him being left out of the previous relay - you could tell he really chose his words carefully, and at the same time, let it be known he was pissed off that he was left out.

Yeah, he basically wanted to lunge out in a fit of Tourette's Syndrome but controlled himself rather well.

booger711

Platinum Member
Jun 15, 2004
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH

gary hall's a good swimmer but he's a real weird one

desiplaya4life

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2004
really first when i saw his face,, i thought he looks like a dork

but when i see that what kind of big heart he has for his teammate, i feel proud and honored to have him as one of my idol or a good role model to remind myself of humanity and good judgement.. really i mean would YOU give up a chance to beat Spitz if u were in his spot? yea tough to answer!

all in all bravo.. i hope crocker does NOT let him down or USA;) we'll see tomm