Michael Avenatti charged with extortion

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Is that your Arnie Johnson imitation? Good one.
Imagine OJ, the day after getting aquitted, goes to the press and “I KILLED THAT BITCH HAHAHAHA IM KING BITCHES YOU ALL SUCK”.
Imagine that.
Cause its what you have going on here.
And taj be like : YEA YOU DID MAN.... LOVE YOU STILL MAN

Jul 9, 2009
Imagine OJ, the day after getting aquitted, goes to the press and “I KILLED THAT BITCH HAHAHAHA IM KING BITCHES YOU ALL SUCK”.
Imagine that.
Cause its what you have going on here.
And taj be like : YEA YOU DID MAN.... LOVE YOU STILL MAN
Except............I didn't.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, I guess Avenatti's big mistake was not becoming US president first, preferably a republican US president, THEN proceeding on with whatever crime he intended.
So let's all repeat....
President first, then crime.
Memorize it.

Feb 16, 2005
Except............I didn't.
Quick tajjy there are some kids crossing the border in tunnels, grab your guns and grenades.

I've long since FORMALLY required everyone to abandon this particular "meme." Infracted. Everyone, please take note!

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnEstacado

Jan 5, 2021
It's a good thing he didn't even run for president. By the way, I think you've all seen what kind of riots were staged by Trump supporters in Washington, it's so terrible. I hope all the perpetrators will be punished. When people are blackmailed it is also terrible, now a lot of scammers have divorced on the Internet and one of my friends has become a victim of extortion. I advised him to immediately report blackmail on internet to lawyers and not to leave the house as it is now a pandemic and it is better not to risk his health.

Last edited:

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Michael Avenatti sentenced to 2.5 years in prison for attempting to extort Nike

Avenatti was convicted in February 2020 of three counts for threatening to publicly accuse the sportswear company of illicitly paying amateur basketball players unless Nike paid him.

The judge sentenced him to much less than the sentence the guidelines recommend because Avenatti had a hard time when he was first jailed due to the bad conditions in the facility where he was held. Ah, poor baby.

And he still has 2 upcoming trials for defrauding clients.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yeah well usually you're looking for a nice large settlement...for your CLIENT. I have no idea who Avenatti's client was, but it seems like he was trying to arrange wire payments to accounts that he controlled. So yeah, extortion plain and simple.

This guy was always a tool. At times he was a useful tool, as he knew how to push Trump's buttons like no other. Takes an asshole to know an asshole, I guess. But he never should have been considered some kind of champion or standard-bearer of progressive politics and causes. I always thought he was using #MeToo to line his pockets...that he never really cared about the movement. I half expected he'd have his own #MeToo moment, in all the wrong ways.
He was fun for a while. Wow, just realized sometimes there's a value in just responding to some of the earlier posts. Looking above I see this OP turned into just another shit fest.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
An observation. For conservatives this is political because Avenetti represented Stormy Daniels and briefly made noise about running for POTUS as a democrat.
Now look over this thread and notice the attitudes of liberals about Avenetti. We pretty much all think he's a sleazebag and no one is seriously claiming he's not guilty.

But if Avenetti had represented Trump instead and the same thing happened with him going to prison for extortion, would conservatives acknowledge his crimes? That is a rhetorical question as we all know the answer based on past and present behavior. They would claim he was set up by the media and/or democrats and that it was a politically motivated prosecution. Just like they are with Rudy losing his law license and the charges against the Trump org.

The point being that the two sides quite clearly differ in their willingness to hold members of their own tribe accountable.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Michael Avenatti sentenced to 2.5 years in prison for attempting to extort Nike

Avenatti was convicted in February 2020 of three counts for threatening to publicly accuse the sportswear company of illicitly paying amateur basketball players unless Nike paid him.

The judge sentenced him to much less than the sentence the guidelines recommend because Avenatti had a hard time when he was first jailed due to the bad conditions in the facility where he was held. Ah, poor baby.

And he still has 2 upcoming trials for defrauding clients.

Heartbreaking /s

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi