Michael Atkinson I.G. for Intelligence fired.

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
Knew this was coming.

"
President Donald Trump has fired the intelligence community’s chief watchdog, Michael Atkinson, who was the first to sound the alarm to Congress last September about an “urgent” complaint he received from an intelligence official involving Trump’s communications with Ukraine’s president.

Atkinson's decision set in motion the congressional probe that culminated in Trump's impeachment and ultimate acquittal in a bruising political and legal drama that consumed Washington for months.

Trump formally notified the Senate and House Intelligence Committees of his intention to fire Atkinson, to take effect 30 days from Friday, according to two congressional officials and a copy of the letter obtained by POLITICO dated April 3.

“This is to advise that I am exercising my power as president to remove from office the inspector general of the intelligence community, effective 30 days from today,” the president wrote.
Trump said in the letter that he “no longer” has the fullest confidence in Atkinson. “As is the case with regard to other positions where I, as president, have the power of appointment, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, it is vital that I have the fullest confidence in the appointees serving as inspectors general,” he wrote. “That is no longer the case with regard to this inspector general.”

"

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Pet owner sends dog to pound after it bites him. News at 11:00
Ok, seriously, shut the fuck you Nazi bastard. I can't deal with your jackass bullshit anymore.

(note, the a word I actually tried to use here automatically replaces in these forums)
(also, I don't give a fuck if I get in trouble for my response, I'm tired of shit bags like him sieg heiling to Trump)

You cannot reference mod defiance in open forum.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Ok, seriously, shut the fuck you Nazi bastard. I can't deal with your jackass bullshit anymore.

(note, the a word I actually tried to use here automatically replaces in these forums)
(also, I don't give a fuck if I get in trouble for my response, I'm tired of shit bags like him sieg heiling to Trump)
Here let me give you the Golden Thumb Award!! Golden Thumbd Up.jpg

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump "not having confidence in someone" is Trump speak for "that guy made me look bad by doing his sworn duty which made me mad so I'm going to get back at him the worst way I know how. Nobody fucks with me and gets away with it!"

Spoiled brat POTUS gotta have his pound of flesh and bloody hands to make himself feel better about being exposed for the crooked spiteful moron that he is.

Jul 9, 2009
By pet owner, you mean pet abuser.

By dog, you mean pet who bit pet abuser after being abused.

Collaborator collaboratin' right now.

Congrats, collaborator! You're a modern day hero!
I said what I meant and meant what I said. In the letter President Trump wrote

"It is extremely important that we promote the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of Federal programs and activities," Trump wrote. "The Inspectors General have a critical role in the achievement of these goals. As is the case with regards to other positions where I, as President, have the power of appointment, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, it is vital that I have the fullest confidence in the appointees serving as Inspectors General."

"That is no longer the case with regard to this Inspector General," Trump added."

It's his Constitutional power and prerogative to choose who represents his administration.

Reactions: pcgeek11
Jul 9, 2009

This is your one free pass re: no personal commentary.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
High-ranking govt employee gets fired for doing his job, collects fat settlement and full lifetime pension benefits at taxpayer expense, partisan morons assume they're winning.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I said what I meant and meant what I said. In the letter President Trump wrote

"It is extremely important that we promote the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of Federal programs and activities," Trump wrote. "The Inspectors General have a critical role in the achievement of these goals. As is the case with regards to other positions where I, as President, have the power of appointment, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, it is vital that I have the fullest confidence in the appointees serving as Inspectors General."

"That is no longer the case with regard to this Inspector General," Trump added."

It's his Constitutional power and prerogative to choose who represents his administration.
hahahahaaaaaaaa exactly right!! An administration filled with lapdogs and liars, cheaters and sexual predators.....your type of people!! Huh, Taj?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Are you guys really going to spend another week going back and forth with Taj? He's a troll, everyone knows he's a troll, don't feed the troll.

Of course Trump can fire this guy, and of course he's doing it because he made him look bad, and he made him look bad because he's a collosal piece of corrupt shit. There's nothing complicated here.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I think most of you need to step back and consider the reasoning of why he fired him right in the middle of a pandemic. Not only is it in retaliation of his roll with the whistleblower that resulted in his impeachment, but also to prevent whistleblowers from his handling of the COVID-19 crisis from going anywhere.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I think most of you need to step back and consider the reasoning of why he fired him right in the middle of a pandemic. Not only is it in retaliation of his roll with the whistleblower that resulted in his impeachment, but also to prevent whistleblowers from his handling of the COVID-19 crisis from going anywhere.
Trump wasn't impeached.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I remember when we used to have movies about courageous people defying powerful people to bring misconduct to light. We used to celebrate it. Now right wing people celebrate those courageous people being fired.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Biden should take the high road and keep the staff the orange buffoon has. Just put them in menial positions. Ivanka, you can be the assistant in charge of cleaning the toilets in the White House. Jared, ship his ass off to Libya.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
On what moon are you living?
The moon where the Senate voted to acquit Trump on the two articles of impeachment. I understand that facts like those are ignored by many because of reasons rooted in psychology. But I encourage you to continue to live in a version of reality that meshes well with your psyche. If it's important to you to feel that the current president has been impeached by all means continue to do so.

If you have a compulsive urge to give me a lecture about facts now, save the wear and tear on your knuckles.