Miami Vice: Talk about the director wanting realism=> Shooting on location in one of the most corrupt places in...

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Link

"setting up shop in a nasty little corner of the world known as the Triborder Region. For those not up on the latest congressional reports, here?s what you need to know: It's located right where Paraguay, Brazil, and Argentina meet. The most notorious city in the neighborhood is Ciudad del Este. And it?s one of the most corrupt places in the Western Hemisphere."

But the scene it never happened. Star Jamie Foxx refused to go down there because of safety concerns. (co-star Collin had no problem w/it.)

so they went back to Miami and shot an alternative ending!

WTF!?! :|

I would have loved to see a gun fight that rivaled Heat!

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: JEDI
Link

I would have loved to see a gun fight that rivaled Heat!

so would i, but i wouldnt expect it in a movie with those farell. after seeing alexander i cant look at the guy without wishing his death.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I just get the feeling that the whole Buddy - Buddy movie set in Miami with major druggage, babes and fast cars has already been done...TWICE -- and were very good in the process (well, at least the first one)

:music: Bad Boys, Bad Boys, whacha gonna dOoo, whacha gonna do when they come for you :music:

Hollywood needs to stop recycling old isht

desiplaya4life

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2004
its ok if jamie fox said no because i stlll know fox is not much of a pussy as collin farrel is in real life.

prob they askin jamie first for his take and then colin said yes lol

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
say it with me now folks

"IT'S JUST A MOVIE!!!!!

no way in HELL i would go there! who cares if the director wanted realism -- hell, make an exact replica in a studio somewhere in plush LA. sacrificing ones safety for something as idiotic as a movie is exponentially unjustified.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Neurorelay
Originally posted by: Kromis
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: Eghck
Ever since he won an Oscar, I've liked Jamie Foxx less and less...

And his album SUCKED!

What the...? He had an album? :confused:

Didn't you know, an Oscar gives you super talent.

Didn't you know that he was singing WAY before he had an Oscar? He released his first album in 1994.

Gotta love misinformed retards.

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Kromis
Originally posted by: Eghck
Ever since he won an Oscar, I've liked Jamie Foxx less and less...

And his album SUCKED!

What the...? He had an album? :confused:

Unpredictable

He actually had another one before that made back in the early 90's IIRC (Living Color days).

I dunno about Foxx, I've always liked him since his stand up days, but it seems his A-list status now has caused him to think he's good at other things he's really not.

I love him in Collateral (even liked cruise in that one which is saying alot), which was another Mann film, so I've been dying to see the new Vice actually.

As for him not going and Colin being okay with it, I'm sure theres more to that story than meets the eye, but in the end you know if the brother ain't going it sure as hell ain't safe......I'm sure Foxx would tell you that himself, so don't start crying racist.

And seriously, putting your life on the line for a movie? I see it for a policemen or firefighter because they're selfless heros, but you expect a highly paid actor out of touch with reality to lay his life on the line for his profession.....please.

Edit, BTW, did anyone catch the Pilot Episode of the 80's series Miami Vice last night hosted by Foxx and Farrel (sp?). Anyway, it seemed like there was NO chemistry between those two. Wonder if the primadonnas had it in for each other.

BTW, pilot episode of Miami Vice in HD rocked!

Though now I wonder how PETA never bitched and moaned about Elvis the Alligator being chained to Sonny's boat all of the time.

Super56K

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2004
Hell, I wouldn't do it either..how many people would even realize how gritty and 'real' the scene was anyways?

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005

Didn't you know that he was singing WAY before he had an Oscar? He released his first album in 1994.

Gotta love misinformed retards.

Headshot!

That was great :)

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
They were shooting a scene at the hospital I worked at in Miami, I was buddies with the head of security at the hospital and he was telling me how Jamie Foxx was real down to earth and laid back and would hang out with the hospital staff between shoots while Colin wouldn't even leave his room, wouldn't allow pictures to be taken or anything.

Funny to hear how they were basically opposites.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I love him in Collateral (even liked cruise in that one which is saying alot), which was another Mann film, so I've been dying to see the new Vice actually.
Collateral was really good. It flew under the radar at the time and most people ignore it now because "Tom Cruise = Crazy", but it's an excellent film.

I don't know what to think about Miami Vice. The previews make it looks pretty good, like a more gritty Bad Boys. I think I'll wait until a few people see it, then decide.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
A better shootout than Heat?
Thats a tall order.

Pacino with the FNC ftw. Those guns surged in value after that movie.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
After seeing Colin Farell on Leno the other day, I must say that he is a complete douche. He seems like the biggest asshole and like he doesn't want to be bothered for anything. He even made it seem like he is a loner who has no family nor any significant other, and he seems kind of proud of this. he also made it seem like he realizes he doesn't have anyone because he's a dick.

Foxx on the other hand, while I don't know much about his personal life, I would think he wouldn't want to risk anything down there in a dangerous town just for a movie, because he probably has some family or a woman in his life that he cares about and doesn't want anything to happen to him. Farell has no one so he doesn't care what happens to him.

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Regarding interrogation strategies,
Garcia + Jones' "Good Cop, Black Cop" > anything in Miami Vice.

CK

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
I'm sure the movie will be fine. When was the last time an acclaimed director made a movie version of a tv show that he used to direct?