Miami drug bust, uncovers 24 Million in cash

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
ummm guess the PD will be self funded for a while? na just new squad cars and machine guns.:D

http://www.local10.com/news/miami-dade-drug-bust-yields-24-million-in-cash

you're thinking small time shit.

18.jpg

with a vehicle like this not only do you demand respect you'll cross a warzone for it.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
And how greedy do you have to be to have 24 million and still be at it? I'd be living large on an island somewhere.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
It was probably more than that just before cops stumbled onto it.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
And how greedy do you have to be to have 24 million and still be at it? I'd be living large on an island somewhere.

Breaking Bad illustrates this quite well. Jessie pleads with Walter to stop - they have millions - but even as the show goes on & Walter winds up with something like $80 million, he doesn't want to stop. It quits being about the money & migrates into becoming a ladder. I think that happens IRL because #1, once you get to the point where money doesn't matter anymore, you still need something to do, and #2, you've made it a habit of doing all that work for so long & being in the scene (whether it's legitimate business dealings or underground narcotics), that's just kind of what you do.

You see it all the time with business owners who make tens of millions of dollars from their businesses but keep on working well past retirement age because that's just what they do. From the outside, it looks like greed, but on the inside, I think people like that just have an internal drive where they need to keep going, you know? Plus they like the scene...if you're a drug dealer, then what's better than playing Scarface with pretty girls, fancy cars, a posse, and the feeling of power from having a crew, huge sums of money, and getting away with it without the authorities knowing?

And you know, the smart criminals DO take that route - they pull off a single big heist & then get out of the scene permanently. For example, a third of all homicides in America go unresolved, which means that there are thousands of murderers living among us who aren't dumb enough to do it twice (then again, even most serial killers don't get caught, so I guess that's not a good argument). And you know these things are like cockroaches...one guy gets nabbed with $24 million, you know there's at least a dozen others out there doing the exact same thing NOT getting caught & flying under the radar in a more stealthy manner. Becomes a creepy path to think down :D

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Bet it was 25+ million when it was initially discovered. You could bet your ass I'd pocket a few mil if I were the first one to stumble upon that horde. Good thing I'm not a cop I guess.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Might not be profits. It might be money that was earmarked for buying more drugs.
I doubt it was all profits. And I wouldn't want to go to prison after having lost millions of cartel money (on top of other reasons, of course.)

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Tuesday's bust also turned up several packages of steroids and a high-powered automatic weapon

apparently 9mm is high powered now

thanks media