mgs2 is better than mgs3

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
Its hard to see anything in mgs3, its too wide open, sneaking isnt as fun because the gaurds always hear you, battle is too complex and i dont understand it, aiming is harder because i have no laser...its just not as good and its way too hard...playing on normal.

i just got passed the part where i meet with eva, does this get any better?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I didn't play through MGS3, but MGS2 blew hard. I finished it in like 3 days and probably half of the time was watching cut scenes and the whole story was fvcking ridiculous.

MGS3 must blow if it's better than MGS2, but from what I did play of MGS3 it was already better than MGS2

:shrugg; :confused:

Kevin1211

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2004
i hated MGS3 because of the fact there was no radar. It was so difficult to see enemies past the third person camera's POV. As a result, you had to constantly switch from third person to first person in order to see in front of you..

Rebasxer

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2005
MGS 3 was more fun to play imo, MGS2 had a better story because its a lot more complex, but i do relish conspiracy type stories.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I loved MGS3, I bought it recently for like $10 and played through it. I had a blast.

It's confusing at first until you get used to it (I got used to it right after the fight with Ocelot). Had no problem sneaking around after that.

I don't know why you say battle is too complex, it's exactly the same as it was in MGS2. There are like 4 new moves and you don't need to use any of them. Also, you shouldn't need a laser. The sight works perfectly as it is a video game and you don't need to compensate for things like distance or strong winds. Suck it up, wimp

I suspect you never went for Big Boss status in MGS2? It required that you turn off the radar! That was awesome :thumbsup: but I do want to play the Gamecube remake of MGS, I heard it was great (the PSX graphics sucked but the game was still fun)

The game definitely gets better as it goes on. The storyling becomes more complex, and Snake turns into the ultimate badass. I love this game because it is like playing as James Bond during the Cold War. Even the music is a reminder to those old movies. Also, the final battle is one of the greatest last boss battles of all time.