Mexico's immigration hypocrisy

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I heard this piece on the radio this morning and found the transcript from Glen beck's website. Yes I know it's crazy Glen beck but if the things he says is true it doesn't take away from the point at all
Mexican president Felipe Calderon has made it clear that he considers Arizona law intolerant and a clear human rights violation. That is really fascinating. Mr. President, do you know in your own country of Mexico your own government bars foreigners for entering if they upset, quoting your own law, the equilibrium of national demographics? Isn't that profiling? If outsiders don't enhance the country's, quoting again, economic or national interest, end quote or are, quote, not found to be physically or mentally healthy, end quote, they are not welcome in your country. Neither are those who show, quote, contempt against national sovereignty or security, end quote. So they must not be economic burdens on society. No welfare, and they must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove that they can provide for their own healthcare. And that's in Mexico, sir. I don't know if you are aware of your own laws in your own country. Illegal entry into your own country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment. So is alien marriage fraud, evading deportation is a serious crime in Mexico. Illegal reentry after deportation is punishable by ten years in prison. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process in your country. And show me your papers? Well, in Mexico you better be ready just to do that. Mexico's national catalog of foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A national foreign registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population who must carry a citizens identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents in Mexico and proper identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens. So Felipe, if I may, cierra la boca. I know I butchered that. Let me translate: Shut the pie hole. And please, progressives, spare us the endless hand wringing over trying to do the job the federal government won't do. There are simple steps, three simple steps to solving this problem once and for all. Number one, secure the border. Number two, enforce the law. And then encourage legal immigration to enrich us, enhance us and renew us.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
This is not new, I've heard this discussed before. Yes, Mexico and other CA/SA countries are protective of their borders.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
The President of Mexico should shut the fuck up and keep his nose out of one of our states laws.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
..........."Do As I Say, Not As I Do"......

"...three simple steps to solving this problem once and for all. Number one, secure the border. Number two, enforce the law. And then encourage legal immigration to enrich us, enhance us and renew us."

I like the bolded part.

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I believe Mexico utilizes their military on their Southern border to stop illegal immigration.
If Mexico can do it, why cant we?

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Yes it's been quite known how hypocritical Mexico has been in this whole deal. They have some insanely strict immigration laws. Do you know if you're not a natural born citizen of Mexico, but a migrant who gained citizenship you are not allowed to protest the government? Do you know if you a migrant who gained citizenship and joined the Mexican military cannot be an officer? There's all sorts of shit like that it's straight ridiculous. If Mexico and the CA/SA countries want us to be more "accepting" then they should do the same or they should shut the fuck up. To all the Americans here who agree with them you should shut the fuck up too.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Not to mention what happens if someone is caught sneaking in from Belize or Guatamala...

Maybe we should adopt THAT strategy and tell them fair's fair.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
well mexico wanted the US to institute another "assault weapons" ban because of their drug cartel problem, even though it has been proven by the atf and fbi that most of the weapons that are being used by the cartels aren't from the US. it is just much easier for the cartels to get the weapons from either the mexican military or some other middle or south american country.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
I believe Mexico utilizes their military on their Southern border to stop illegal immigration.
If Mexico can do it, why cant we?

i thought most were up on the north border fighting the drug cartels leading to the 5k+ deaths in the past 12mos or so in just a few border towns?

RedChief

Dec 20, 2004
Damn, How bad is it in Central America?

Its actually pretty bad compared to Mexico.

Oh and Mexico encourages its poor to move to the US as that relieves pressure on the Mexican welfare system while bringing in billions of US dollars a year in cash sent to relatives.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Arizona's tough new immigration law hasn't even gone into effect yet, and it's already working:

Mexico has issued an alert for Mexicans traveling to Arizona. The country is urging its citizens to be careful... that they may be "harassed and questioned without further cause at any time" should they go to Arizona.

That's not the case at all, but it is ironic. Travel warnings usually work the other way around... with various countries warning their citizens not to go to Mexico due to drug-related violence.

However, no good deed goes unpunished.

The Obama administration might challenge Arizona's new law in court. They're concerned the law could take away resources needed to target criminals. How utterly absurd. How about the 460,000 people who are in Arizona illegally now? The reason Arizona did this is the federal government refuses to enforce our immigration laws.

Meanwhile seven members of the city council have signed a proposal for Los Angeles to "refrain from conducting business" in Arizona, and San Francisco's mayor has imposed an immediate moratorium on city-related travel to that state.

But Arizona's Governor Jan Brewer says she's not worried about possible boycotts. And she points out that the new law is about the safety of Arizona's citizens.

And she's getting support from at least one legislator in Texas who wants the Lone Star State to pass a similar law. President Obama should be embarrassed by this.

Here’s my question to you: Is it a good thing that Mexico is issuing a travel alert over Arizona's new immigration law?

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Obama swore to uphold the Constitution and law of the land...AHH! I like how he and "cabal" can take over huge industries, enforce new regulation but won't dare do this.

PieIsAwesome

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2007
well mexico wanted the US to institute another "assault weapons" ban because of their drug cartel problem, even though it has been proven by the atf and fbi that most of the weapons that are being used by the cartels aren't from the US. it is just much easier for the cartels to get the weapons from either the mexican military or some other middle or south american country.

No it isn't. Very few, if any, of the weapons the cartels use come from the military. The local and state police help them though.

The Mexican government is just doing what is in its best interest. Keep more poor from coming in, and reduce the existing poor.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Arizona's tough new immigration law hasn't even gone into effect yet, and it's already working:

Mexico has issued an alert for Mexicans traveling to Arizona. The country is urging its citizens to be careful... that they may be "harassed and questioned without further cause at any time" should they go to Arizona.

That's not the case at all, but it is ironic. Travel warnings usually work the other way around... with various countries warning their citizens not to go to Mexico due to drug-related violence.

However, no good deed goes unpunished.

The Obama administration might challenge Arizona's new law in court. They're concerned the law could take away resources needed to target criminals. How utterly absurd. How about the 460,000 people who are in Arizona illegally now? The reason Arizona did this is the federal government refuses to enforce our immigration laws.

Meanwhile seven members of the city council have signed a proposal for Los Angeles to "refrain from conducting business" in Arizona, and San Francisco's mayor has imposed an immediate moratorium on city-related travel to that state.

But Arizona's Governor Jan Brewer says she's not worried about possible boycotts. And she points out that the new law is about the safety of Arizona's citizens.

And she's getting support from at least one legislator in Texas who wants the Lone Star State to pass a similar law. President Obama should be embarrassed by this.

Here’s my question to you: Is it a good thing that Mexico is issuing a travel alert over Arizona's new immigration law?

So the bill is already working before it's even gone into effect? Now that's some efficient law making.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
No it isn't. Very few, if any, of the weapons the cartels use come from the military. The local and state police help them though.

The Mexican government is just doing what is in its best interest. Keep more poor from coming in, and reduce the existing poor.

in a country as corrupt as mexico, you really think the cartels can't buy their mil weapons? have you seen what the cartels use weapons wise? local mexican police use hand grenades?

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Does hypocrisy argument mean that we should aspire to the grand ideals of Mexico?

If not, then why does it matter what Mexico's immigration law is when it comes to the right thing to do in our own country?