Mexico says Bush proposal won't do enough to protect Mexicans living illegally in America

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Mill
Originally posted by: alexruiz
Originally posted by: MillIllegal immigrants have more than basic human rights here. The privilege of driving is not a a human right. What right are you saying we haven't been providing?

- How about being shooted as entertainment by some KKK-like ranch owners?
- How about being pursued WORSE than criminals by the police corps?
- How about the huge discrimination and treatment?

I said "yes, they are doing something wrong" but been beaten and abused just because they don't have legal rights is just not correct!

That's laughable at best that you over-exaggerate and dramatize things. Is dmcowen your brother?

Don't tell that your "free, fair and balanced" news don't inform you about these events!

For a quick sample, Have you ever heard of the Arizona ranchers?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
The idea here is that workers in the US think certain types of work are beneath them. Ever wonder why dmcowen bitches about not having a job, but every Walmart and Fast Food place is hiring? That work is beneath him. So is doing landscaping, janitorial work, and other stuff. I'm not going to act like I want to do the stuff either, but all of these immigrants are willing to do it. If they don't then who will? Who'll pluck those chickens at the factories? Who will pick that lettuce in Cali for 10 dollars a day? None of us on this board would regardless of our employment or economic status.

Finally, the US's birthrate is not going to help us sustain a cheap labor force, so we have to import it.

You think you know so much. How do you think I have been barely surviving?

RiverElan Landscaping

Besides for my own yards, I've even worked with Juan Alexander Landscaping, yep one of the Hispanic King Pins of Landscaping around here.

You should ask before spouting off something that has zero credibility.

Also for the most part the Chicken de-feathering is automated. The Chickens hanging by their feet after they have already been through an electrified tank of water then go into a steam tank where the feathers literally fall out from the intense steam blast.

and what is this talk of a cheap labor force when all of the AT Experts have clearly said that wages are rising to highest levels ever and rising everyday.

The only thing I haven't yet is either flip burgers at McD's or wash the floors in Walmart but the illegals were just recently caught doing that and now the President is making them legal for Walmart so they can go right back to work again.

So then you're not unemployed then? :confused:

It used to be called "Underemployed" but now it is called being paid the highest wages ever even though still can't pay the bills. :confused:

More lies, exaggerations, etc. You are either unemployed or not. If you are doing landscaping you are not unemployed.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MillIllegal immigrants have more than basic human rights here. The privilege of driving is not a a human right. What right are you saying we haven't been providing?

I said "yes, they are doing something wrong" but been beaten and abused just because they don't have legal rights is just not correct!

That's laughable at best that you over-exaggerate and dramatize things. Is dmcowen your brother?

Don't tell that your "free, fair and balanced" news don't inform you about these events!

I don't think I watch Foxnews, but thanks for the assumption. I guess I can go back to assuming that Mexico is a festering rathole and that is why everyone from there moves up here. And I have heard of ranchers shooting trespassers and thiefs, but I doubt they do it for bloodsport as you allege.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Being a criminal is risky business!

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
The idea here is that workers in the US think certain types of work are beneath them. Ever wonder why dmcowen bitches about not having a job, but every Walmart and Fast Food place is hiring? That work is beneath him. So is doing landscaping, janitorial work, and other stuff. I'm not going to act like I want to do the stuff either, but all of these immigrants are willing to do it. If they don't then who will? Who'll pluck those chickens at the factories? Who will pick that lettuce in Cali for 10 dollars a day? None of us on this board would regardless of our employment or economic status.

Finally, the US's birthrate is not going to help us sustain a cheap labor force, so we have to import it.

RiverElan Landscaping

Besides for my own yards, I've even worked with Juan Alexander Landscaping, yep one of the Hispanic King Pins of Landscaping around here.

Also for the most part the Chicken de-feathering is automated. The Chickens hanging by their feet after they have already been through an electrified tank of water then go into a steam tank where the feathers literally fall out from the intense steam blast.

and what is this talk of a cheap labor force when all of the AT Experts have clearly said that wages are rising to highest levels ever and rising everyday.

The only thing I haven't yet is either flip burgers at McD's or wash the floors in Walmart but the illegals were just recently caught doing that and now the President is making them legal for Walmart so they can go right back to work again.

It used to be called "Underemployed" but now it is called being paid the highest wages ever even though still can't pay the bills. :confused:

More lies, exaggerations, etc. You are either unemployed or not. If you are doing landscaping you are not unemployed.

It's 25 degrees outside right now, what Landscaping would I be doing now? :confused:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

I don't think I watch Foxnews, but thanks for the assumption. I guess I can go back to assuming that Mexico is a festering rathole and that is why everyone from there moves up here. And I have heard of ranchers shooting trespassers and thiefs, but I doubt they do it for bloodsport as you allege.

Indirectly via one of the links posted, there is an article stating how the illegals are destroy parts of the ranches in AZ. Breaking down fences, cracking water sources, killing livestock.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674<
It's 25 degrees outside right now, what Landscaping would I be doing now? :confused:

Grooming snowmen? :p - Sorry Dave, could not resist it

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

RiverElan Landscaping

Want to come rake my yard? I'll pay you a fair wage and transportation expense.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

At least you are not serious like Mill, BTW we will have snow here in North Georgia tomorrow so maybe I will build a Snowman, pretend he is Mill and throw snowballs at it :D

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

At least you are not serious like Mill, BTW we may have snow here in North Georgia tomorrow so maybe I will build a Snowman, pretend he is Mill and throw snowballs at it :D

Exaggerations Exaggerations. :p

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

At least you are not serious like Mill, BTW we will have snow here in North Georgia tomorrow so maybe I will build a Snowman, pretend he is Mill and throw snowballs at it :D

As stated in all the YAGT in OT

:camera: :camera:

Feb 3, 2001
Oh no! Bush isn't doing enough to protect people who violate our laws and come to our country illegally?! Whatever shall we do!? It's a tragedy, I tell you, a tragedy!

Jason

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

At least you are not serious like Mill, BTW we may have snow here in North Georgia tomorrow so maybe I will build a Snowman, pretend he is Mill and throw snowballs at it :D

It started already, very light snow with sleet mixed in now. We've been in the 20's since Tuesday so it could turn into an ice storm if it doesn't either stay as snow here or change over to all rain.

Snow, Sleet Mix streaming east into North Central Georgia

Donna is down in Atlanta and she called that it is coming down as all sleet. But they have been above freezing down there most of the week so the sleet is melting as it lands.

Feb 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Ferocious
How about BUSH's desire to send social security checks to Mexico even for ex- illegals!! :|

blah

Well that part is one of the few that actually makes sense (if Social Security can ever be said to make sense, which it can't), since the payments would only go to people who are documented as having paid into the system. Saw a whole discussion about it on one of those political shows last night or night before.

Jason

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

It started already, very light snow with sleet mixed in now. We've been in the 20's since Tuesday so it could turn into an ice storm if it doesn't either stay as snow here or change over to all rain.

Snow, Sleet Mix streaming east into North Central Georgia

Donna is down in Atlanta and she called that it is coming down as all sleet. But they have been above freezing down there most of the week so the sleet is melting as it lands.

Dave, I'm way ahead of you. I've known about this storm for weeks, k? Plus, the temperature in Gainsville is about 39 degrees right now. Anyway, there will be no accumulation for you anyway, because your low isn't expected to be below freezing. Argue with the NWS if you like.

Or argue with all the models that say you will have mainly rain and some snow at times, but NO accumulation.

Grid forecast for McEver Lake Rd.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
The controversial proposal that could transfer hundreds of millions of dollars in Social Security payments south of the border has riled some Republican lawmakers. They worry that it could reward scores of undocumented Mexican immigrants with a U.S. pension, draining the country's Social Security trust fund at a time when its future solvency is in doubt.

Something does not dovetail here. Scare tactics.

Currently:
One who pays into the SS system, must be using a valid SS#.

Where one choses to retire has no impact. I could retire to Fiji and still collect my SS checks.

If illegals are working without a valid SS#, how could they draw from the system. There is no record of them in the system.

Only if they were issued a valid SS# would they be able to withdraw.
If they are using a false SS#, then the proper owner is getting credit, not the illegal.

The problem will be if the illegals are provide SS benefits/access.
If they pay into the system at that point (as legals), they should be able to withdraw from it.
To get retroactive credit as illegals is improper.

Chris A

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
The controversial proposal that could transfer hundreds of millions of dollars in Social Security payments south of the border has riled some Republican lawmakers. They worry that it could reward scores of undocumented Mexican immigrants with a U.S. pension, draining the country's Social Security trust fund at a time when its future solvency is in doubt.

Currently:

Where one choses to retire has no impact. I could retire to Fiji and still collect my SS checks.

If illegals are working without a valid SS#, how could they draw from the system. There is no record of them in the system.

If they are using a false SS#, then the proper owner is getting credit, not the illegal.

If they pay into the system at that point (as legals), they should be able to withdraw from it.

Don't forget that there will also be disability social security benefits for him and his family in the event that he is unable to work when he gets back to his native country...

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Originally posted by: dahunan
Why is Mexico even involved in our policymaking decisions concerning our Immigration policies??? Fix your own country so people want to STAY THERE!

Because its the re-conquestia of the South west.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: peonyu
Originally posted by: dahunan
Why is Mexico even involved in our policymaking decisions concerning our Immigration policies??? Fix your own country so people want to STAY THERE!

Because its the re-conquestia of the South west.

South West? Guess you haven't been to Georgia lately. Georgia has the fastest growing Mexican population in the Country. Entire towns have been turned in North Mexico but that's great, no more "borders" and we have a lot more votes, thank you very much.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Chris A

Currently:

Don't forget that there will also be disability social security benefits for him and his family in the event that he is unable to work when he gets back to his native country...

Overlooked the disability. If this monster ever becomes a law, then hopefully there will be a safeguard for this issue.

One could be that dependants must have a SS# in order to get benifits via the primary SS#