Mexico Ganging Up With Obama Administration Against Arizona Law

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Mexico asks court to reject Ariz. immigration law
By PAUL DAVENPORT (AP) – 31 minutes ago

PHOENIX — Mexico is asking a federal court in Arizona to declare the state's new immigration law unconstitutional.

Lawyers for Mexico on Tuesday submitted a legal brief in support of a lawsuit challenging the law.

The law generally requires police investigating another incident or crime to ask people about their immigration status if there's a "reasonable suspicion" they're in the country illegally.

It also makes being in Arizona illegally a misdemeanor, and it prohibits seeking day-labor work along the state's streets.

Mexico says its interest in having consistent relations with the United States shouldn't be frustrated by one state.

Mexico also says it has a legitimate interest in defending its citizens' rights and that the law would lead to racial profiling.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h91xMmxCYomo0S_52wX7FhKv2Q6QD9GGG1G00

So the federal government and a foreign government are ganging up on a state.

Is it November yet?

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Mexico is a country and has no right to sue.

So Mexico is saying that they are mad that they are braking the laws and helping immigrants to cross the border illegally, so that Mexicans can continue to invade our country.

A US Citizen can not legally buy beachfront property in Mexico.

Good Luck!

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Of course Mexico would be against this law. The law itself stops the Mexican invasion and Felipe won't have any of that.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Disgusting that our president would rather stand behind foreign invaders than behind our country. Not surprising that Mexico would do this though, they have a major incentive to keeping the floodgates open: dollars coming back.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Disgusting that our president would rather stand behind foreign invaders than behind our country. Not surprising that Mexico would do this though, they have a major incentive to keeping the floodgates open: dollars coming back.

Obama's a citizen of the world first and the POTUS second, remember?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

No the real reason is the whites who rule Mexico don't have to address the wealth inequality with the indigenous population if they just send them away. Mexico will be a white country soon.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Mexico should take their god damned citizens back, they are illegals, why should they be in the states?

I'm not even American and this pisses me off.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Mexico should take their god damned citizens back, they are illegals, why should they be in the states?

I'm not even American and this pisses me off.

wish it pissed off more US citizens. maybe then something would be done.

im still of the thought that the lawsuit against Arizona is a good thing (well could be a good thing).

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007

im still of the thought that the lawsuit against Arizona is a good thing (well could be a good thing).

Could be a good thing if it works out in the favor of Arizona. If not we might be fucked on the whole illegal immigration thing. It makes absolutely no sense to me how ANYONE who is a citizen of the USA or migrated here legally could be fighting for the rights of illegal immigrants. The fact that they cared so little about our border, so little about our laws, so little about us should be more than enough for anyone to be against it.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002

I just don't understand why the Obama Administration and the Mexicans are upset by this.

If they are, by definition, illegally in the country, what possible legal challenge could they possibly have?

PeshakJang

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2010
What I don't understand is why one state like California can legalize marijuana, which is illegal by federal standards, and the government does little to nothing to oppose it, while Arizona makes a law which is in line with federal laws, and the government opposes it so much.

I actually understand why... it is rhetorical...

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I bet the president tries to pardon millions of Illigal immigrant Mexicans already in the United States.

What do you think?

This is the communist way!

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
the US has been a mexican dump for their under class and prisons for decades. Why should that change NOW??

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
here is Fox News article

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/22/mexico-files-lawsuit-overturn-arizona-immigration-law/

Mexico on Tuesday asked a federal court in Arizona to declare the state's new immigration law unconstitutional, arguing that the country's own interests and its citizens' rights are at stake.

Lawyers for Mexico on Tuesday submitted a legal brief in support of one of five lawsuits challenging the law. The law will take effect July 29 unless implementation is blocked by a court.

The law generally requires police investigating another incident or crime to ask people about their immigration status if there's a "reasonable suspicion" they're in the country illegally. It also makes being in Arizona illegally a misdemeanor, and it prohibits seeking day-labor work along the state's streets.

Until recently, Mexican law made illegal immigration a criminal offense -- anyone arrested for the violation could be fined, imprisoned for up to two years and deported. Mexican lawmakers changed that in 2008 to make illegal immigration a civil violation like it is in the United States, but their law still reads an awful lot like Arizona's.

Arizona's policy, which President Felipe Calderon derided during a recent U.S. trip as "discriminatory," states police can't randomly stop people and demand papers, and the law prohibits racial profiling.

Mexican law, however, requires law enforcement officials "to demand that foreigners prove their legal presence in the country before attending to any issues."

Amnesty International recently issued a report claiming illegal immigrants in Mexico -- typically from Central America -- face abuse, rape and kidnappings, and that Mexican police do little to stop it. When illegal immigration was a criminal offense in Mexico, officials were known to seek bribes from suspects to keep them out of jail.

But Mexico said it has a legitimate interest in defending its citizens' rights the ones that you allow to come into america? and that Arizona's law would lead to racial profiling, hinder trade and tourism, and strain the countries' work on combating drug trafficking and related violence. wait... what????

Citing "grave concerns," Mexico said its interest in having predictable, consistent relations with the United States shouldn't be frustrated by one state.

"Mexican citizens will be afraid to visit Arizona for work or pleasure out of concern that they will be subject to unlawful police scrutiny and detention," the brief said.

It will be up to a U.S. District Court judge to decide whether to accept the brief along with similar ones submitted by various U.S. organizations.
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, who signed the law on April 23 and changes to it on April 30, has lawyers defending it in court.

In a statement issued late Tuesday, Brewer said she was "very disappointed" to learn of Mexico's filing and reiterated that "Arizona's immigration enforcement laws are both reasonable and constitutional."
"I believe that Arizona will ultimately prevail and that our laws will be found constitutional," Brewer added.

Brewer and other supporters of the bill say the law is intended to pressure illegal immigrants to leave the United States. They contend it is a needed response to federal inaction over what they say is a porous border and social problems caused by illegal immigration. They also argue that it has protections against racial profiling.

Mexican officials previously had voiced opposition to the Arizona law, with Calderon saying June 8 that the law "opens a Pandora's box of the worst abuses in the history of humanity" by promoting racial profiling and potentially leading to an authoritarian society

U.S. officials have said the Obama administration has serious concerns about the law and may challenge it in court. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton recently went further by saying a lawsuit is planned.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

red font in quote are remarks

So basically, Mexico has WORSE immigration laws, but since Arizona is part of the United States, it feels that Arizona is worse.

Mexico should go fuck itself really.

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
Wow. That's the craziest load I've heard in a long time. The best the Mexican government can come up with is, basically, "this law stops our citizens from illegally obtaining jobs in your country and taking over portions of your state." I think those in the Mexican government who drafted this would be much better at their jobs if they snuck into the U.S. illegally and obtained a job here.

Anyone coming to this country on some sort of temporary visa / passport will be carrying it with them or will be able to provide it pretty easily, so this wouldn't affect them.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
This sounds like an Onion piece. Sadly, its not.

Nope, given the entitlement attitude that has sludged over from America to Mexico, I am not at all surprised they feel like they deserve constitutional protection and rights.

They come over with drugs and ruin our neighborhoods and the less criminally inclined take our jobs. Then they funnel assloads of cash back to Mexican drug lords through the lovely Western Union laundering service. NOW they are whining about their supposed rights being infringed. Meanwhile Americans are getting fucked over by Herr Bush and Senor Obama.

Fuck them.
I mean it. Fuck 'em.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
There will be riots in the streets if Obama goes for mass amnesty, and repealing this law (which is entirely constitutional) won't help.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Mexico is a country and has no right to sue.

Just a point of law: Freshgeardude's Fox news article shows that Mexico is not filing suit. They have submitted a brief in support of one of the existing lawsuits against Arizona. IIRC, it's called an amicus curae (friend of the court?) and I think anybody can file one.

fvck Mexico, Obama, and illegals.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
No the real reason is the whites who rule Mexico don't have to address the wealth inequality with the indigenous population if they just send them away. Mexico will be a white country soon.

You're right. The law needs to go after white business owners who hire and exploit Mexicans by not paying them true market wages, all in the name of padding their bottom line. I agree with you, a two pronged approach like this is needed to get rid of the illegal immigrants.