Mexico Complains Of Too Many Repatriated Mexicans

extra

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
Yep. The reality is that our problems with illegal aliens coming from Mexico can only partially be dealt with here. The real problem is this: Why isn't the mexican government creating opportunities for their own people to succeed in their own country?

The quotes from this article just show how completely screwed up the officials in the Mexican government are. The Mexican people themselves are clearly willing to work when given an opportunity. Their government seems unable to help create the opportunities the good average people of Mexico need. Last time I was in mexico I was talking to an average guy on the street for a while...the words i remember most from him are "this is the most corrupt country in the world..." They seem to have little desire or lack the intelligence and will to deal with the problems facing their people. Their mindset is completely bizzare. They complain when we don't want to take care of their people for them, or scream racism yet they do things on their southern border that are much harsher than anything even the fringe groups here in the U.S. want to do on the Mexican border.

And sadly, the average, good people, average citizens, of both Mexico and the U.S. pay the price for it all.

The best thing that could result from a very secure U.S. border and strict punishments for employers in the U.S. who hire illegals is that the Mexican government might be forced to help their own people. The other reality is hey, we've got a lot of good hard working people who want to come in, let's open up more *legal* immigration, teach them english and our culture, and get them over here. Mexico has some of the nicest, hardest working people you will meet anywhere.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
How come if NAFTA sent all our jobs down there, all their people are coming up here?

I have zero sympathy for for their politicians.

Fern

extra

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Fern
How come if NAFTA sent all our jobs down there, all their people are coming up here?

Fern

It's a bit odd. NAFTA has so little free trade and so many exceptions and quirks that (irregardless of whether actual free trade is a good idea that isn't the subject of this thread) the only ones who benefited were some politicians and some big corporations.

I saw some VERY telling video footage a long time ago when NAFTA was freshly passed. A home appliance factory was opened in Mexico thanks to NAFTA. Some reporters were filming the plant where washers and dryers were being made. The reporter asked the manager if the average worker at this plant could afford one of the washers being made. The manager said "Well, most of these people don't have running water." It took him a few seconds to realize what he had said and then you could see the "oh shit what did I just say" look on his face.

As far as utilities like that though, you can't blame the corporations for that. Lack of infrastructure and basic utilities is totally the Mexican government's fault. I remember thinking how silly the illegals protesting here were...if they could organize some protests and get some change in their own country they wouldn't need to try to sneak accross to the states.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Fern

Fern

Actually most of the jobs that went to Mexico eventually ended up in China.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: scttgrd
It seems the Mexican officials don't like the treatment they have been giving Americans for years now. At some point there needs to be some form of middle ground to the immigration issues because the current policies simply aren't working.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/b...y-repatriated-mexicans

After previous amnesty deals, Washington has no credibility for middle ground bullshit anymore. America wants illegals out, now.

tvarad

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
The problems of Mexico, like most third-world countries stem from poor governance, not lack of resources. Sonora should declare it's independence from Mexico and subject itself to U.S. governance if it thinks the U.S. should find a solution to it's problems.

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
Originally posted by: Mxylplyx
Originally posted by: scttgrd
It seems the Mexican officials don't like the treatment they have been giving Americans for years now. At some point there needs to be some form of middle ground to the immigration issues because the current policies simply aren't working.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/b...y-repatriated-mexicans

After previous amnesty deals, Washington has no credibility for middle ground bullshit anymore. America wants illegals out, now.

Yeah a lot of us have had enough of traitorous Republicans like Juan McAmnesty, Bush and their Democrat friends on this one.

I'm an independent/libertarian, non party affiliated anymore and if you don't defend the borders you are advocating not having a nation at all. This is just another example of corporate America calling the shots when it's clearly not in the best interest of the working American.

Illegals out, shut the jobs off, whatever it takes. Then we'll TALK about a guest worker program. Screw the economy fears, any US citizen reading this probably doesn't make tons of cash employing a dozen illegal immigrants and you can clean your own house, start cutting your own grass and get off your butt till we do immigration the right way instead of this 3rd world exploitation crap.

We don't need to exploit poor nations to have a strong economy. It's a truth no one wants you to think is even possible.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002

Many are going back to Mexico from Arizona but more are heading to New Mexico and Texas where they are safe because Bill Richardson Governor of NM and Rick Perry Governor of Texas who are both anti-border fence, anti-national guard on the border and pro Amnesty will never lift a finger to do anything about them.

So most are not gone just relocated.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Free trade often goes to the lowest bidder who right now is China, not Mexico.

All Mexico has to do is close its border and it will not have that problem.

I am watching TV last night and some program comes on PBS. It was called World Watch or something like that. It is suppose to be a show about how the world sees the USA. Very interesting program. They interviewed different people from China. Some Chinese are blaming pollution in China on the USA and the Western World. In fact China allows heavy polluters to exist because it allows China to produce goods cheaper for sale in the west. First they steal jobs from people in the West and in USA, then they blame their pollution on someone else. China will have to come to grips with the pollution which they have made because it is their own greed that has brought them this pollution.

Brigandier

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2008
Originally posted by: extra

It's a bit odd. NAFTA has so little free trade and so many exceptions and quirks that (irregardless of whether actual free trade is a good idea that isn't the subject of this thread) the only ones who benefited were some politicians and some big corporations.

All so true, regardless of made up words. The workers in Mexico aren't organized, don't complain over their wages and will ocntinue to show up to work. What is not to like about a docile, cheap workforce?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
One baffled Mexican legislator, Leticia Amparano Gamez, asked in Spanish ?how can they pass a law like this?? She went on to explain that Mexico is not prepared for the ?tremendous problems? it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and sending money to their families return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs. Another member of the Mexican delegation, Representative Florencio Diaz Armenta, asked ?what do we do with the repatriated??

Wouldn't it be ironic if it was Mexico that got around to building a border fence/wall first?

And their reason was to keep their own Mexicans out.

Fern