Mexican drug cartel firebombs Pepsi owned factory

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Huh? We were in Germany BEFORE the WoT. So they were psychic?

Every damn base we have substantial troops at outside of the ME is due to the Cold War/communism.

We are still occupying both Germany and Japan...the occupation started at the end of WW2 and never ended.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
You'd probably be shocked at how much the cartels already threaten corporations, including in the states. Last year the macys around here was teaming with plain clothes security due to a cartel threat. You don't hear about it tho because most threats don't result in anything, and they don't want to scare off customers.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Huh? We were in Germany BEFORE the WoT. So they were psychic?

Every damn base we have substantial troops at outside of the ME is due to the Cold War/communism.

Iraq/Afghanistan are just our current wars, the bases are there to be forward deployment points, regardless, we still don't secure Germany's border :p

Keeper said:
Maybe he was wrong on one point but his premise is sound.
We need to shore up our OWN borders.
Period, end of discussion.
My grandparents we immigrants.
ONE key word was missing from their description......

Illegal.

Yes, we do, but we don't need the military doing.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
I have heard so much about the attack, but almost nothing about the reason.

if this was an attack where the cartel wanted to send a clear PUBLIC message, we would have heard about it by now. This was a message for either the company, or someone else that we do not know about.

Maybe it is as was suggested by another here, a warning to someone on the inside who may have been using pepsico as an unwitting transporter of goods.....

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
We know who they are and where they are, why not just kill these people?

because politicians love cocaine, and cocaine money.

and the cartel has both.. why do you think pots still illegal?

that would hurt tha man.. and by tha man, i mean, the cartel.. because they own us all at this point.. we just gave it to them.