Mexican drug cartel firebombs Pepsi owned factory

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
The factory is a subsidiary of pepsi

Mexican potato-chip company Sabritas, a subsidiary of U.S. food giant PepsiCo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...i-attacked-firebombs-Mexican-drug-cartel.html

Five Sabritas warehouses and vehicle lots were attacked on Friday and Saturday in the Mexican states of Michoacan and Guanajuato.

Witnesses in one case described armed, masked men who tossed firebombs and torched dozens of the company's distribution trucks and some warehouses.

Drug cartels are getting a little braver to be extorting money from a fortune 500 US company.

Lets see, Pepsi VS drug cartel,,,, and the winner is?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

images

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
This is why we need to keep the drug prohibition going -- without it the drug cartels won't have the funding they need to continue the war on snack foods.

Ovven

Feb 13, 2005
If costs get too prohibitive to manufacture stuff in Mexico because of extortion, big companies will relocate to a cheaper place. Unlike small business owners, you can't threaten a big company with scare tactics like this.

Sep 7, 2009
If costs get too prohibitive to manufacture stuff in Mexico because of extortion, big companies will relocate to a cheaper place. Unlike small business owners, you can't threaten a big company with scare tactics like this.

Yes, you absolutely can.

Moving production facilities is no joke, and no company wants pics of their stuff being firebombed on TV period.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Yes, you absolutely can.

Moving production facilities is no joke, and no company wants pics of their stuff being firebombed on TV period.
I guess you could, after all it appears that Walmart paid a bunch of corruption money. This kind of thing will give companies pause about relocating to Mexico, though. At least in China you know it's corrupt but also safe.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
If we just Annex Mexico we solve the whole illegal immigration thing. Then the Mexican cartels have to face the battle hardened... Los Angeles Police Department...

Instead of adding millions of more poor people to our citizenship roles, how about guarding our border at LEAST as good as we guard SK's, Germany, Japan, Etc.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Instead of adding millions of more poor people to our citizenship roles, how about guarding our border at LEAST as good as we guard SK's, Germany, Japan, Etc.

We don't guard Germany's borders.

"Not paying protection money" sounds like a good cover for "rival gang hits competitions transportation hub".

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
We don't guard Germany's borders.

There is one reason we are in Germany, and it isnt a hospital. It is to keep the Red tanks from rolling West.

Yes, this is the thinking from the previous century, but so is 80% of our troop alignment policy.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
There is one reason we are in Germany, and it isnt a hospital. It is to keep the Red tanks from rolling West.

Yes, this is the thinking from the previous century, but so is 80% of our troop alignment policy.

Actually, it as a forward deployment jump point to the other half of the world. Guess where pretty much everyone that went to Iraq/Afghanistan stopped first? They've shaved a lot of Army presence there since I left, all the logistics bases are safe though.

Matthiasa

Diamond Member
May 4, 2009
I am sure you would then have liberals crying that was a violation of the drug cartels human rights :rolleyes:

Clearly the drug cartel was confused about who their competition was :p

To be fair most things label me as fairly liberal... though classical libertarian is probably a lot more accurate.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
At first glance I thought the thread title was "firebombs Pelosi owned factory" and I thought "now we finally see some action against these cartels.

It is only Pepsi...so nothing will be done.

Keeper

Mar 9, 2005
Actually, it as a forward deployment jump point to the other half of the world. Guess where pretty much everyone that went to Iraq/Afghanistan stopped first? They've shaved a lot of Army presence there since I left, all the logistics bases are safe though.

Maybe he was wrong on one point but his premise is sound.
We need to shore up our OWN borders.
Period, end of discussion.
My grandparents we immigrants.
ONE key word was missing from their description......

Illegal.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

Huh? We were in Germany BEFORE the WoT. So they were psychic?

Every damn base we have substantial troops at outside of the ME is due to the Cold War/communism.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Huh? We were in Germany BEFORE the WoT. So they were psychic?

Every damn base we have substantial troops at outside of the ME is due to the Cold War/communism.

He wasn't arguing about the original intent of the base. His point is that there are much fewer combat troops in Germany but the bases are maintained to facilitate force projection (ie getting troops to Iraq/Afghanistan)