METRO: Last Light(Sequel to Metro 2033) Announced!!!

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Please check it out a huge gameplay video here on gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii-u/actio...-trailer?tag=updates%3Beditor;all;title;6

I cant believe many commenters are complaining about petty things such as fire burning out too fast when wood is ignited as opposed to RL. All this BS instead of praising the devs for making a sequel of this amazing game.

Personally I noticed plenty to like in the video. Just check out the cool wind-up minigun and the incredible detail on the machine gun belt and the reloading and all the other wonderful stuff.

Metro: Last Light looks like more of the same rather than a completely redesigned game, but all I wanted is more of the same. We had more of he same in both STALKER sequels, yet many people loved them, including myself. I thing Metro: Last Light will be EPIC. Cant wait.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Shotguns shooting birdshot?

3 blast with a shotgun, and then a couple of rounds with a rifle to take down someone.

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
I love games like this. This is like what Fallout 3 should have been. Instead, had to level up to like a level 34 Wizard in order to be able to kill a giant scorpion and what have you.

Arglebargle

Dec 2, 2006
Shotguns shooting birdshot?

3 blast with a shotgun, and then a couple of rounds with a rifle to take down someone.

Homemade ammunition. How're your blackpowder making skills?

That said, I was not a huge fan of the first game. Great atmosphere! But usually so heavilly 'on a rail' that you couldn't stop and look at it. Had issues with a bunch of their game design.

Just not my cup of tea.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
Metro: Last Light looks like more of the same rather than a completely redesigned game, but all I wanted is more of the same. We had more of he same in both STALKER sequels, yet many people loved them, including myself. I thing Metro: Last Light will be EPIC. Cant wait.

I can't wait either. For a bunch of guys working out of a basement it rocks! If they can tweak some of the weaker aspects of the game that's great, but I'll gladly take more of the same. Great story, great atmosphere, great engine, great artwork, and even some great new dynamics like the gas masks.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Just finished 2033. Great game, but rather shortish, IMO. 15 hours for me, which I suppose compares favourably to other games these days, but given the size of the Metro Map and how little is actually used, I expected much more. I suppose the sequels will fill it in more.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I'm super excited for this. Metro 2033 was perhaps my favorite singleplayer game of 2010.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Metro 2033 was my favorite single player game since FEAR.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
Looks like it has potential but why didn't they call it Metro 2034? Last Light?? ;)

-KeithP

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
Looks like it has potential but why didn't they call it Metro 2034? Last Light?? ;)

-KeithP

Its based on a popular book and the year indicates when this takes place over the course of the history of the Metro survivors.

CFP

Apr 26, 2006
Metro 2033 was very cool, but there were parts where I felt it was an exercise is technicality.

Hopefully there's more depth to the gameplay this time around.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
Metro 2033 was very cool, but there were parts where I felt it was an exercise is technicality.

Hopefully there's more depth to the gameplay this time around.

The developers spent more time tweaking the game play dynamics right after the first Metro was released. I suspect they've pretty much moved on from seeing what the engine is capable of and are entirely focused on game play at this point.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
One thing about the game that kinda bugs me is that fairly early on and a few times throughout the game it gives the impression that there's some kind of Choice to be made. It's rather minor, but I was waiting for some moment to happen that never materialized.