Metro Atlanta police officer shoots, kills naked, unarmed man

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Florida zombie cannibal did some pretty nasty damage without a weapon. The first thing that would come to mind: "Unstoppable bath salts rampage. DO NOT LET THIS GUY NEAR ME."

The nakedness is a pretty clear sign that someone is mentally unstable with unpredictable behavior. Charging toward me, I'd defend myself if I was armed with a weapon.
This, exactly. First thing I thought of.

Although if dude was yelling "shoot me", the cop probably could have changed his mind by saying "okay, but I'm gonna shoot you in the balls." One gets you ten that dude changes his mind about wanting to be shot.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
This, exactly. First thing I thought of.

Although if dude was yelling "shoot me", the cop probably could have changed his mind by saying "okay, but I'm gonna shoot you in the balls." One gets you ten that dude changes his mind about wanting to be shot.
A naked person running towards someone else should be shot with a gun?

This country is f-ed.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Just another crazy person looking for attention by getting naked and attacking people. Gunfire is always a tough call for any police officer. On one hand you don't want unarmed people to be killed, but on the other hand you want the police to protect the community. If you call the police using 911 they will respond with guns. What do you expect? If a man is threatening the locals, the Cops have to protect them.

It is really messed up when a person gets naked and starts running around. It is almost always caused by drugs and alcohol. These people are dangerous.

Last edited: