Methodist Church convicts lesbian minister...

daveshel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with the notion that Methodists have their own court system.

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: kage69
Link

Gays will be forming their own church soon (or have they?)

Not in the U.S., not allowed. Gays will be booted out of the U.S. liek Survivor, it's already hapenning.

really? where?

mwtgg

Lifer
Dec 6, 2001
Update: She was defrocked.

Link

Not in the U.S., not allowed. Gays will be booted out of the U.S. liek Survivor, it's already hapenning.

Do you believe your own shit?

Originally posted by: daveshel
I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with the notion that Methodists have their own court system.

Why? It's not like you can be tried in it for anything.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: shrumpage
Link

really? where?

Cameron Diaz said that if you think rape should be legal, you should vote on November 2.

Gee, a lot of people voted on Nov. 2 and rape is still illegal.

You belong in Hollywood, Dave.

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
You ever watch the Apprentice? Same thing. Trump has his own court system too. It is an INTERNAL process!

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Methodist Church is undergoing a struggle, probably another split in their future.

Episcopal Church is OK with gay clergy, I do believe.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
United Methodists defrock lesbian minister
Pottstown, PA, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- A United Methodist Church jury near Philadelphia has defrocked a practicing lesbian for openly breaching church policy, the Inquirer reported Friday.

The Rev. Irene Elizabeth Stroud was ordered to surrender her ministerial license Thursday for "engaging in practices declared by the United Methodist Church to be incompatible with Christian teachings" because she is a practicing lesbian.

Her fellow clergy voted 7-6 to defrock Stroud, who had been associate minister at First United Methodist Church of Germantown. The lead prosecutor, the Rev. Thomas Hall, told the jurors "the only penalty possible" was to defrock Stroud, because the denomination's highest court recently declared "self-avowed, practicing homosexuals" to be "unappointable."

"We have no delight in finding a colleague guilty of the charges in this case," he said. "The evidence was clear and convincing. We believe that church law is absolutely clear."

An estimated two-thirds of the world's United Methodists support their denomination's ban on gay clergy, though there is an active, vocal dissident camp.

Stroud, who asked for and received a trial that was open to the public, brought on the proceeding when she used a sermon last year to disclose her "covenant relationship" with another woman.
Aren't the Methodists the one's that were touting "We accept gays into our church"?