meter maids in berkeley suck

udonoogen

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2001
so my co-worker went to our 3-4pm lab meeting. apparently she mistakenly parked in a zone that you can't park in from 4-6pm.

so when we come out of our meeting that ran over a few minutes at 4:15, we find that her car is GONE. somehow the suckers ticketed her car AND got it towed in the span of less than 15 minutes. the ticket was issued at 4:07pm. talk about the letter of the law. it cost her $75 for the towing fee and the ticket was $34.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
In Manhattan, the Brownies are the scum of the earth. There are literally hundreds of them scattered throughout the borough.

They have tickets prewritten out for "expired meter" and they just leave the license plate info blank. They will stand by the meter, wait for it to count down to zero and leave you a present.

I've seen them tickets vehicles and there was still a few minutes left on the meter! :|

If you get towed in Manhattan, expect to pay at least $250. Plus of course for the broken window that "was like that when we towed it" as well as the missing radio, CDs and loose change.

Be glad you got towed in Berzerkely and not NYC.

LakAttack

Oct 29, 2002
Meter Maids eat their young.

If I ever park in downtown Athens again, I think that will be the last time I ever see my car. . .