Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Thread

placebo139

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Modeps
Metal Gear Solid 2 was a let down.

Luckily I played 2 first, then was blown away by the first one remade for the gamecube.

I can't wait for this release.... along with metroid prime 2, and hl2 within a three day span!!! My poor, poor wallet.

touchmyichi

Golden Member
May 26, 2002
Alright its officially out!
personally, i'm going to get it friday since i'm loaded w/ school work right now. The game has gotten a 9.6 on IGN and a underrated 8.7 on gamespot. A bunch of fanboys are lashing out on gamespot right now because everyone seems to love the game so far.... So... don't listen to gamespot :p.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: touchmyichi
Alright its officially out!
personally, i'm going to get it friday since i'm loaded w/ school work right now. The game has gotten a 9.6 on IGN and a underrated 8.7 on gamespot. A bunch of fanboys are lashing out on gamespot right now because everyone seems to love the game so far.... So... don't listen to gamespot :p.

Gamespot's review are always fishy. I think they have some payola scam going on over there. The more a developer pays, the better their games get reviewed.

stickybytes

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2003
I have read gamespot's review on mgs 3 and they didn't seem to like it too much, but i don't care. im getting this game no matter what because i want to complete my experience with the metal gear solid series. i have completed mgs1, mgs2 and supposedly this is the last game of the franchise, metal gear solid snake eater.

metal gear solid 2 certainly wasn't a perfect game but it was still an excellent game by any means. the story was however overwritten, too long and the game forced you to sit down on areas of the story that frankly i didnt care about (cough raiden's love interest? gimme a break). plus they made a bad move going with raiden, i bought the game to play snake not some blonde hair guy who looks very wimpy. these points aside, mgs2 gameplay was very solid and the graphics are truly top notch.

jtusa

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
Picked it up today and started playing. After watching the intro and such I was pumped to be playing. I've barely started, just played enough to a get a feel for it. There are a lot of cool concepts, and graphics and sound are good for the PS2(I'm spoiled by the Xbox though).

However, I have one major beef with it. The camera angles and camera control BLOWS! It's almost bad enough to ruin the game for me. Given the nature of this particular game, it's important to be able to look all around easily, but you can't. I'll give it some more play time obviously, and try and get used to the camera, but if I can't, I doubt I'll have the patience to play all the way through.

imported_Salvatore

Jul 9, 2004
The camera was fine for the other ones, since they were mainly CQC and urban enivironments. However, the camera just doesn't work in the jungle, and it indeed annoys the hell out of me. I still enjoy the game very, very much, however. I hope it clears up some of the questions that were opened or left opened at the end of MGS2.

As of right now, I just beat The Pain for the first time. VERY farfetched character, which is another thing that brings down the game for me. Bee bombs? Bee sheilds? Bees somehow making Tommy Guns? Not plausible in the least.

imported_Salvatore

Jul 9, 2004
None of these characters get ANY explanation at all. Would it have been so hard to talk about The Fear or The Pain and explain how they got their abilities? I may not have gotten up to a part where they are explained, but as of right now, it doesn't seem like there will be a part like that. My favorite parts of the other games were learning about the characters. Thier back-stories, how they became what they are, etc. Snake Eater doesn't seem to explain anything :-(