Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Launching On PC On Jan. 9th

desprado

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2013
The PC version of the Platinum Games action title Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has finally been dated. The game will be launched on January 9th.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will come on PC with some extra new features not found in the original console versions. All the DLC missions – Blade Wolf, Jetstream, and VR Missions – are included, together with all customized upgrades for Raiden, including White Armor, Inferno Armor, Commando Armor, Raiden’s MGS4 body, and the Cyborg Ninja.
The Cutscenes and Codecs sections will be included in the main menu, allowing gamers to see all cutscenes and play all codec conversations. Another nice addition is the inclusion of the Boss sequences to the Chapter menu, meaning that you will be able to play only the Boss battle when choosing to replay completed chapters.
Another new gameplay option will be included. The Zangeki option will modify the amount of cuts you can make, forcing gamers to be more accurate in Blade Mode.
Here are the System Requirements for the game.
Minimum:

• Processor: Intel Core i5 2400
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTS 450
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
Recommended:

• Processor: Intel Core i7 3770
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is now available on PS3 and XBOX 360. The PC version will launch on January 9th.

Source http://www.explosion.com/50220/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-launching-pc-jan-9th/

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
Processor: Intel Core i5 2400

gotta love how inefficient these Xbox 360 ports are, this DX9 game have a 3.1GHz sandy bridge quad core as minimum!? this same quad core is a good amount faster than the PS4 CPU, while it's needed for a 360 game lol

or, it's just another case of poorly written requirements,
in any case, I'm not interested in this game, give me Metal Gear Solid 4 please.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Processor: Intel Core i5 2400

gotta love how inefficient these Xbox 360 ports are, this DX9 game have a 3.1GHz sandy bridge quad core as minimum!? this same quad core is a good amount faster than the PS4 CPU, while it's needed for a 360 game lol

or, it's just another case of poorly written requirements,
in any case, I'm not interested in this game, give me Metal Gear Solid 4 please.

I'm currently playing 4..not enjoying it too much.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Will definitely be buying this. I was waiting for the PC port for a long time. This game looks amazing.

Feb 6, 2007
This is a real thing? That is one of the worst game titles I have ever heard. "Revengeance?" It sounds like a terrible Die Hard pun.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
They put the Metal Gear name on this steaming pile of wannabe ninja crap? I just loaded up a gameplay video, kill it with fire D:

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
For those that ARE interested:

Gamefly has the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Pre-Order (PC Digital Download) for a low $15.99 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: "GFDDEC20" (Exp 12/31).

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
They put the Metal Gear name on this steaming pile of wannabe ninja crap? I just loaded up a gameplay video, kill it with fire D:

As is MGS1, 2, and 4 weren't filled with wannabe ninja crap...

I would say Metal Gear Rising is far better than MGS4. It is a different type of game, of course.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008

I would say Metal Gear Rising is far better than MGS4. It is a different type of game, of course.

MGS1 had a cyborg ninja, but he was just a character. He also was a bad ass, not some androgynous pretty boy pretending to be in a Final Fantasy game. It helped he was a character from the (now forgotten) original Metal Gear games for the MX2 and NES.

MGS4 suffer from "well, he made a masterpiece with MGS3, how can we screw it up" syndrome I think.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003

Lol riiiiiight, because Gray Fox is even remotely comparable to the Justin Bieber ninja in this turd of a game... sure. They both carry a sword. That's where it ends. :thumbsup:

MGS1 had a cyborg ninja, but he was just a character. He also was a bad ass, not some androgynous pretty boy pretending to be in a Final Fantasy game. It helped he was a character from the (now forgotten) original Metal Gear games for the MX2 and NES.

MGS4 suffer from "well, he made a masterpiece with MGS3, how can we screw it up" syndrome I think.

Exactly this.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I should really try to play MGS 3 again sometime. I never could get past the beginning ..

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Lol riiiiiight, because Gray Fox is even remotely comparable to the Justin Bieber ninja in this turd of a game... sure. They both carry a sword. That's where it ends. :thumbsup:

Exactly this.

Whatever swings your string. You choice to avoid one of the best action games because you don't like the design of the main character. :cool: