Met another AT'er today

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Today I had lunch with JC. We talked for a while and I took a couple of pictures. I don't have a digital camera so you'll have to wait until I develop the film. He was a cool guy and easy to talk to. We found out that we lived near each other and thought it would be cool to meet. :)

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: hzl_eyed_grl
Today I had lunch with JC. We talked for a while and I took a couple of pictures. I don't have a digital camera so you'll have to wait until I develop the film. He was a cool guy and easy to talk to. We found out that we lived near each other and thought it would be cool to meet. :)

:cool: hzl_eyed_grl, always nice to see when AT members meet in person :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
You mean you

1) Left the warmth and comforting glow of your computer?
2) Went outside into "the elements"
3) And interacted with another human?

*gasp*

Well someone's gotta do it :D

Praetor

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Tell me, what was it like? I've been doing some research on Google about something called a "sun". I've heard a few people blathering on about it, but they were all stark raving mad when they returned from this "sun."

Do you have any first hand experience with it?

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein
Originally posted by: hzl_eyed_grl

:cool: hzl_eyed_grl, always nice to see when AT members meet in person :)

I've actually met several people from here. I love to meet people and make new friends. It's always interesting to see how you interact without a keyboard in front of you. ;)

You mean you

*gasp*

Well someone's gotta do it
You mean you don't?!?!??!! :Q :eek: ;) Heehee

EDIT:

Tell me, what was it like? I've been doing some research on Google about something called a "sun". I've heard a few people blathering on about it, but they were all stark raving mad when they returned from this "sun."

Ooooohhhhh, when you're exposed for long periods of time to this thing called 'the sun' (without sunscreen) you develop horrible burns....as I found out last weekend. :eek:

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Praetor

I've also heard rumors about the existance of this "SUN"

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Heather,

Just as soon as I'm all settled in my new job I'm gonna get a deal on plane tickets so you can get your rump out here and visit us !!! :)

The sun? yes the sun is wonderful, and with AIM on my cell phone and PAB on my buddy list I don't miss
much :cool:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: Praetor Tell me, what was it like? I've been doing some research on Google about something called a "sun". I've heard a few people blathering on about it, but they were all stark raving mad when they returned from this "sun." Do you have any first hand experience with it?
I've also heard rumors about the existance of this "SUN"

You ought to know not to believe rumors

obiwaynekenobi

Golden Member
May 18, 2001
You mean you

*gasp*

*shock*

but... why.. ...

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
one of these days' i gotta meet up with some of you all.

n0cmonkey lives about 5 miles from my house and i've never met him.. we need a Northern Va meet sometime... seriously.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
How are you doing hzl? I remember that horrible thread a couple weeks ago about your step-dad, is everything resolved? I hope all is well with you and your family. :)

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Baff, you know I'd love to come see you! It would be cool to hang out. :)

Ralli if you come out here, you BETTER come see me! :p

cashman - Things are totally resolved yet, unfortunately. Almost, but not quite. I didn't have to move to Sacramento, which made me happy, though. My mom is holding up. She's still hurt and stuff, though, which is normal.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Rallispec
one of these days' i gotta meet up with some of you all. n0cmonkey lives about 5 miles from my house and i've never met him.. we need a Northern Va meet sometime... seriously.

You still owe me a beer ;)

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
one of these days' i gotta meet up with some of you all. n0cmonkey lives about 5 miles from my house and i've never met him.. we need a Northern Va meet sometime... seriously.

You still owe me a beer ;)

speaking of beer--- what happened to our beer drinking contest?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
You know, I was near you earlier this summer. I shoulda thunk to PM you. Rats. Thinking about a tour of the Blue Ridge/Skyline drive next year. I'll let you know in advance so you can get practice in. You'll need it :p

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
You know, I was near you earlier this summer. I shoulda thunk to PM you. Rats. Thinking about a tour of the Blue Ridge/Skyline drive next year. I'll let you know in advance so you can get practice in. You'll need it :p

you son of a bitch.. ;)
skyline drive rocks.

and no-- i dont need practice-- you just need to get ready to get your ass kicked.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
<Yawn>

;)

I went over a short section of it. Never had been there before. Bikes outnumbered cars 2 to 1 or better. I am hoping to get there and out to CA/OR/WA too. That is more up in the air.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
<Yawn>

;)

I went over a short section of it. Never had been there before. Bikes outnumbered cars 2 to 1 or better. I am hoping to get there and out to CA/OR/WA too. That is more up in the air.

maybe next summer i'll have a bike too--- looking into getting a honda cbr600 (? i think) possibly.... if i can save up some money and convince everyone that its safe.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider <YAWN>;) I went over a short section of it. Never had been there before. Bikes outnumbered cars 2 to 1 or better. I am hoping to get there and out to CA/OR/WA too. That is more up in the air.
maybe next summer i'll have a bike too--- looking into getting a honda cbr600 (? i think) possibly.... if i can save up some money and convince everyone that its safe.

Nice bike. Be careful if you do get it and it is your first ride. No I am not you father (god forbid LOL) but a 600 cc superbike will eat a Viper for lunch, and can catch you off guard. Just be mindful of that. I would love to see more good riders (not squids) on the road.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
You mean you

*gasp*

Not like your doin it Ross ;)

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider <YAWN>;) I went over a short section of it. Never had been there before. Bikes outnumbered cars 2 to 1 or better. I am hoping to get there and out to CA/OR/WA too. That is more up in the air.

Nice bike. Be careful if you do get it and it is your first ride. No I am not you father (god forbid LOL) but a 600 cc superbike will eat a Viper for lunch, and can catch you off guard. Just be mindful of that. I would love to see more good riders (not squids) on the road.

ahaha.. well, that would be my first choice, if i could afford it... (ignoring the the fact that most likely i wont be able to save up $6k) most likely i'd be looking into a used suziki or something smaller and cheaper.

we're getting off topic though... you suck at drinkign! :p

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001
one of these days' i gotta meet up with some of you all.

n0cmonkey lives about 5 miles from my house and i've never met him.. we need a Northern Va meet sometime... seriously.
... as long as you don't bring that 'car' of yours along. :D :p