Merry Christmas, You're a failure.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by waterjug, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel Lifer

Wow she sounds miserable. :(

2. disappoint

disappoint Diamond Member

You're not talking to his mom. You're talking about her.

Merry Christmas. I just wish your Engrish was better.

Love,
    Mom.

3. BD231

BD231 Diamond Member

Obviously her idea of support isn't getting you anywhere, she's probably just mad cus she's neck deep in debt with the IRS and you're not.

4. disappoint

If Neil Patrick Harris starred in How I Met Your Mother But Still Dated Her Anyway. I might watch. Probably be better than that tripe he's in now.

5. disappoint

Listen to me OP. This is what you will do. If you don't do this YOU'RE A PUSSY! You will watch Pulp Fiction. Yes. Again. You will get into Samuel L. Jackson's character. You will call your mom up on the phone and wait for her to call you a failure in some way again. Steer the conversation in that direction if you have to. The rest of the conversation may go something like this:

6. disappoint

Oh, also, if you're really going to do this practice saying these lines out loud when you're alone somewhere first so you get them right.

If you're not really going to do this you're still a pussy. It's ok, you're not alone and the world needs pussies too, it just doesn't need any cunts. I'm not saying your mom is a cunt, I'm just simply saying the world doesn't need any.

Oh and before anyone else points out, yes I took out the words motherfucker twice. You don't need to insult your own mother. Even if she does treat you this way. She's just not all mentally there, or is unaware how this hurts you.

You will make her aware. She will correct her behavior. You may have to do it more than once. But it will work. Don't be insulting, you don't want to ruin the relationship, just fix it. She may say why did you talk to me this way? Point out you never insulted her.

Good luck. Merry Christmas. Thank you for not bottling it up inside and shooting up a school.

Love,
    Disappoint.

#31 disappoint, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  7. Wyndru

Wyndru Diamond Member

No offense OP, but I have a feeling that the quotes you posted weren't exactly verbatim.

Everyone reads more into what their parents are telling them this time of year, it's a touch of social anxiety, we all have it. Some more than others.

But it's either venting on a forum or drugs, so I choose the inet.

8. disappoint

inet? Did you mean latter or former?

Anyway, keep in mind this is a Christmas card. He has a hardcopy as evidence. All he has to do is scan it and post it to make you look silly for doubting his cool brory sto..eh story.

9. Wyndru

Wyndru Diamond Member

inet meant the internet, and drugs meant prescribed drugs.

My wife is a psych, we had a convo last night, i was losing my mind around my own family. I almost had a breakdown.

I am really fucked up socially. Its sad I'm raising a kid and I still have so many thoughts in my head about the social aspects of the situation to enjoy it.

10. disappoint

Sorry to hear that. Maybe make it up to them somehow? Are you sure it wasn't low blood sugar? Low glucose can make you irritable or seem irrational temporarily. Glucose is the fuel for your brain. If it runs on empty it doesn't work very well.

Well good luck, enjoy the rest of the holidays. Kick back and have a great Hoppy New Beer.

11. Wyndru

Wyndru Diamond Member

Words to live by, thank you my friend.

Today was a good day.

12. disappoint

You're Welcome.

13. Wyndru

Wyndru Diamond Member

I didn't realize he works in the field too...

14. waterjug

waterjug Senior member

It's weird, she doesn't really have a career, she's had multiple opportunities handed to her, but she continually passes on them, then blames me, my dad, her mom, her dad, her brother, her ex-boyfriend, etc. You get the picture. I've literally never met someone who's been handed as many opportunities as her. Yet she passes on all of them, and then blames everyone else for her doing it.

I graduated early from highschool, by two years actually, and went to college. The day before I graduated she told me how disappointed she was in me, and how I had gotten "all those D's on your report card. I'm so ashamed of you". I had never gotten a grade below a B in my life. So this is obviously nothing new, but the weird thing with her, is that when other people are around she's effusive in her praise of me, like over the top. One time we were with family and I was showing some recent photographs I had taken, and she fawned over some pictures I had taken talking about how they're the mos beautiful thing she had ever seen. They were blurry as * and I thought I had deleted them from my hard drive. I dunno, I think she does that so that other people will see 'how much she cares about me' and think highly of her, and then when no one else is around she takes shots at me.

As for me, I'm a psychologist, and I do the whole IT thing on the side for the extra money. I don't like it, but it's more lucrative than mental health. I mention I'm starting a family fairly soon, and she shits on that, talking about how I can't afford it (I can) and everyone is just after my money, and I'm a sucker and everyone is stealing my money because I'm so gullible. So basically shitting on my gf stating she's a con-artist (she makes as much as I do, fwiw) who's only after my money.

15. Engineer

Engineer Elite Member

WTF OP? Time to cut the cord on this one.

16. GTaudiophile

GTaudiophile Lifer

Guess what? At some point it's okay NOT honor or respect or even love your parents.

17. jhu

jhu Lifer

you asian, not bsian. why you n doctor yet???

18. Wyndru

Wyndru Diamond Member

You sure it's not the psychology career path she is complaining about and not IT ;)

I kid because Im married to a fully licensed psychologis with 90k in loans, and I make more in IT with my BS in CS. It pisses her of when I say that, I'm not sure why :p

19. eits

eits Lifer

send her a card back and write "merry christmas - i hope your hands get lopped off and you go mute for the rest of your life"

or

"merry christmas - from now on, you'll be known as page 240 of the dsm-iv"

20. etrigan420

etrigan420 Golden Member

A psychologist with mommy issues? Dear god, somebody get Freud on the line...

She's projecting, obviously.

My mother did the same thing to me. Finally, at 39, I told her to "Fucking. Lay. Off."

We're cool now.

21. Mixolydian

Mixolydian Lifer

It took you that long?

22. disappoint

See? You need to do this OP! You need to push back a little. She needs feedback. But avoid insulting her. It will shock her and still have the same effect.

23. BurnItDwn

BurnItDwn Lifer

Well, if you're a psychologist, at least you can talk to yourself to make yourself feel better :)

I'm sorry OP, your situation sucks. Either put up with her crap, or simply stop communications with her. Neither option is easy or optimal, but you're going to have to make a choice and stick with it.

24. Buttzilla

Buttzilla Platinum Member

this, asian mom, told her to keep her baggage to herself from now on. don't shit on my siblings and I for your mistakes.

you really do have to put your foot down at some point. also, you fail at psychology.

25. 1sikbITCH

1sikbITCH Diamond Member

As a psychologist the path should be very clear to you.

A psych eval, followed by a competency hearing, followed by having her committed. Next time she writes a letter like that, shock therapy would be the indicated treatment.

All jokes aside, you have written your posts in this thread in such a way as to clearly show that your mom has a mental illness or issues to some degree but you never come out and say it. So, as a psychologist and knowing what you do about your mom, why would you post that stuff here?

The fact that you posted again the next day shows me that you were not just blowing smoke. This has been eating away at you for a long time. I guess it's a good thing Dicks' stopped selling assault rifles. :)